Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Map overlay not showing up anymore on goproapp IOS

[ New ]
I recently bought the H7 black, the first videos shot would show the whole map overlay when downloading to my iPhone XS GoPro app, the map was showing full with streets and everything ..... after a couple of days the map add on is just a blue string moving around without the whole map showing????? Is there something wrong with the camera or the app? Can’t find to get the map to display fully again

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Map overlay not showing up anymore on goproapp IOS

[ New ]

Hi @howardw8,

Since the problem is isolated to your iPad Pro only, please ensure that the GoPro App installed is up-to-date.

You can also try to unpair and pair your camera with the device again to see if that will help.

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera's Wi-Fi name and password.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Once done, are you still unable to display other GPS information/sticker?

If you continue to experience the same issue, can you please provide us the iOS version installed in your iPad Pro?

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @adrpad. Was there any change made to the app or the camera like an update perhaps? Are you still able to display other GPS information/sticker on the app? 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have this exact same issue; on my iphone the map data appears, on my ipad pro I only get the blue GPS track line.

Help?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @howardw8,

Since the problem is isolated to your iPad Pro only, please ensure that the GoPro App installed is up-to-date.

You can also try to unpair and pair your camera with the device again to see if that will help.

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera's Wi-Fi name and password.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Once done, are you still unable to display other GPS information/sticker?

If you continue to experience the same issue, can you please provide us the iOS version installed in your iPad Pro?

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]

I used the Gopro 5 black and Quik on my ipad pro using MAP overlay without any issues.

2 weeks ago did a trip to Hatteras and still no issue when viewing the footage from my ipad pro with Path and MAP overlay turned on. I had the option to do that. Now the Map option doesn't even shows up in Quik. I am still on the same iOS version on my ipad pro. What happened to the MAP overlay? Was there a quik update and now Map is no longeravailable? Could you please help as it is very frustrating and Path is useless without Map.

G.

Hiker

[ New ]
The new go pro app update October 2019 killed the map overlay... now only shows a single path line that is useless, GOPRO NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE MAP OVERLAY FOR THE GOPRO APP IOS, I wished I nevered had updated to this new lame
Stickers version app.
Sightseer

[ New ]

@MyFedLoan wrote:
The new go pro app update October 2019 killed the map overlay... now only shows a single path line that is useless, GOPRO NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE MAP OVERLAY FOR THE GOPRO APP IOS, I wished I nevered had updated to this new lame
Stickers version app.

Many thanks for that complete information!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app.

Make sure to restart your phone before pairing it again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Yet another update and still NO SATELLITE GPS MAP, hey GoPro staff the new terrain sticker is garbage, sorry but it is ... you should fire the genius who killed the gps map and put the garbage terrain sticker, what a backwards move, the old app worked perfect, very disappointing with the new app, PLEASE FIX IT ASAP!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi there I am using version 6.2.2 and had the telemetry stickers with previous versions. They went away with the last update and now with the new 6.2.2 I still am unable to add any stickers to my videos. Was the stickers button moved?? Or what am I missing?
D16DE56C-680F-44B4-8710-650246F99BFF.png
Hiker

[ New ]
The stickers are all the way to the right, move the options bar with your finger all the way to the right, they should appear, in case they don’t it’s because the old videos shot before the app update are not compatible anymore with the new app version.

Just forget the new terrain stickers is garbage.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Oh my god...I feel so dumb!! Haha

Thank you so much for the help! They are there just did not think to scroll....🤦🏻‍♂️