Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Major connectivity problems for GoPro Max

[ New ]

This app is worse than useless. It will connect to my phone and then the phone will take forever trying to load the pages for 'View Media' or 'Control Your GoPro' etc before eventually giving up. I wish I hadn't bought the GoPro, and I wouldn't have if I'd known the experience would have been this useless and this frustrating. Any other brand would have been better.

GoPro

Re: Major connectivity problems for GoPro Max

[ New ]

Hi @bluelift20828

Were you able to try changing the camera's Wi-Fi Band?

What phone are you using?

The steps on GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues should help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

It's still sh*t. Won't send my videos to the cloud. What an expensive pile of sh*t. Why can't I just upload straight to my ****ing laptop! Why did GoPro have to try to be clever and mess it up on such a monumental scale. It has been 24 hours now since I tried to upload. This is not good enough. Professionally I needed to be able to start editing this last night. This is sh*t. Changing the wifi band hasn't made any difference. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 10 Plus. I can see it on my phone, but the ****ing camera won't upload to the cloud.

Tourist

[ New ]

Your link was no help. What do you suggest I do next, other than throw the useless camera at the wall?

Tourist

[ New ]

Last night I recorded a video in 360 for about half an hour. I had to keep starting record again because it would keep stopping itself. Last night when I set it to upload it only loaded the last one, one of the shortest clips but not the shortest clip. The others refuse to upload to the cloud. i have taken a picture as a test and that uploads quickly. So what is the point of buying a 360 camera if it won't record continuously and it won't allow you to access what you've recorded?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluelift20828

Can you please do a test upload via gopro.com?

Once you're logged in, you can also check if there are files stuck on upload.

See Manage Upload Page in Media Library

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I did do a test load. I explained that. The single frame uploaded fine. The videos that I need to get off my gopro though so that I can take more videos do NOT upload though. I took a single photo and it uploaded. I have disconnected from the wifi and reconnected, done the same on the app, turned both devices off and on again, changed the hertz upload to the lower option. STILL they will not upload. Dozens of attempts over the last 40 hours and no success. Why did you have to use WiFi to the cloud to be able to get pictures? That's a fundamental design flaw.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluelift20828

Would like to check on this further.

Are you initially trying a mobile upload or an auto-upload from the camera?

What version is the app on?

Were you able to check if there are files on the Manage Upload page? Would you mind sharing a screenshot?

Thanks!

Ej