Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Low export picture quality on mobile despite more than adequate process power for Gopro Max

[ New ]

Can I ask why given how powerful the top phones are especially the iPhones at the moment, the export picture quality is lower with no option to set to a higher setting when exporting compared to on a computer? This is doubly so when talking iPad Pro app. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Betreff: Low export picture quality on mobile despite more than adequate process power for Gopro Max

[ New ]

@cbrktmfabi @granto0340 

Hi,

Could you walk me through your steps exactly? Are you talking about photos here or video quality?

If you're talking about video, here some info:

Currently here's what you have when you export a multi-clip edit:

• On Android it's 1080p/60fps in output.
  • On iOS we take the resolution of the most media in your Story (so if you have a majority of 4K media, output will be 4K)

iOS is technically more performant. The encoder performance and quality provided by the Android devices isn't as good so you won't have the same results on Android.

Don't hesitate to share more info so we can identify the issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Betreff: Low export picture quality on mobile despite more than adequate process power for Gopro Max

[ New ]

Hello, 

do you have solved the Problem ?

I have the same problem...

GoPro

[ New ]

@cbrktmfabi @granto0340 

Hi,

Could you walk me through your steps exactly? Are you talking about photos here or video quality?

If you're talking about video, here some info:

Currently here's what you have when you export a multi-clip edit:

• On Android it's 1080p/60fps in output.
  • On iOS we take the resolution of the most media in your Story (so if you have a majority of 4K media, output will be 4K)

iOS is technically more performant. The encoder performance and quality provided by the Android devices isn't as good so you won't have the same results on Android.

Don't hesitate to share more info so we can identify the issue.