Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

I've updated the GoPro Hero 7 Black to the latest firmware, 01.51.00.

Can't get the live stream functionality to work.

Here are some screenshots.

image1

image2

image3

Tourist

Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]
Have the same problem on Android.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jessea71082 @larsk

Please ensure that your Bluetooth connection is on if using your Wi-Fi to connect to the internet.

You may also try to unpair and pair the camera again.

I have just tested this on my Android 7.0 phone and it's working fine.

For reference: Getting Started With Live Streaming

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello, mine is also not working on a S8. Tried everything on both camera and phone, but nothing happened. Tested again with iphone and works fine.. 

So, perhaps a problem with the android app ?

I cannot even set up the account, i push the button "SET up live", and after 20 second i got a "!" and it goes back to the preview screen

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm getting the exact same error when I try to set up live streaming

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone,

I fixed mine by resettings the camera to factory settings and install the new update. 

I uninstalled the App on my phone as well and install the new GoPro App. 

I deleted the Wi-Fi SSID or Wi-Fi name of my GoPro on my phone and then remove the bluetooth device ID. 

Paired them again and then Live Stream is now working. 

Make sure you have a Working Wi-Fi connection around or a hotspot.

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]
That's worked for me. Thanks Jay!
Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having the same problem.  Any fixes?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @mikearbor92

Try going through the steps provided by @jayr3438

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I actually F*cked up my GoPro account trying to setup this.

I had an account on community here previously and been using it since it launched.

I was trying to setup live stream but it wasn't working. I thought maybe I need to link my Facebook account to my GoPro account. I tried that it kept asking me to change my email address, but I didn't want to since I had GoPro Plus on my account. In the end I did try to change it then it would give me an error "USER_SERVERRESPONSE_5024_EMAIL" and nothing happened. I found out I had another account on GoPro that I logged into using my Facebook account. I deleted that but it also deleted my account which had my PLUS and all the rest of the stuff. I lost my "Nickname" (I try to keep it same across all platforms) I lost my PLUS service and I had a complaint opened with the Cusomter Support which became useless because I did not get a response from them (even before deleting my account)

So TL;DR

Don't try to link your account with facebook from GoPro login page (it doesn't work and idk why that option is still there)

The streaming option can be fixed by resetting the camera and reinstalling the app. Don't try what I did.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I try to connect through my hotspot which is the same one that connect to app and camera and it said “Can’t start your stream, turn tour camera off and on and try again”. Still can’t live!!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ppwapp,

Have you tried the steps I posted?

"Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

Hi Everyone,

I fixed mine by resettings the camera to factory settings and install the new update. 

I uninstalled the App on my phone as well and install the new GoPro App. 

I deleted the Wi-Fi SSID or Wi-Fi name of my GoPro on my phone and then remove the bluetooth device ID. 

Paired them again and then Live Stream is now working. 

Make sure you have a Working Wi-Fi connection around or a hotspot.

Regards,

-Jay "

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @jayr3438

Those steps helped me too on an iPhone 7S. I still don't have streaming fully working, but it got me one step further (beyond the error messages that we have all been getting).

FYI I'm getting numerous errors - mainly "connection" related, but not all. Also, some warning messages appear to be misleading or wrong. Hope the rest of you aren't losing as much time on this as we are  :-(

Steps taken on the Hero Black:
- Factory reset (last menu item under Preferences)
I didn't upgrade the firmware (can't see how to do it). I had previously upgraded it, so perhaps it survives a Factory reset?

On the iPhone
- Deleted the GoPro app (but not Quik which I had also installed)

- "Forgot" the WiFi network related to the Hero

- "Forgot" the Bluetooth device related to the Hero

- Installed the app again

- Went through the connection process. All worked fine.

- Set-up Live Stream

I previously had slightly less errors with the 2.4Ghz band, than with the 5Ghz. It maz have been a coincidence, but right now I'm doing anything that might help. (Maybe there's interference at 5Ghz with my home WiFi?). Have therefore set 2.4Ghz WiFi.

We were then able to get to the Live Stream set-up page, but had further issues. We then installed the GoPro app on my fiance's iPhone X, which also has the Facebook app installed, and after some set-up hassle with the GoPro wifi network, we were then able to Live Stream to Facebook.

Good Luck!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @greenrange86814!

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
The additional step I had to take along with reinstalling the app and resetting the camera to factory was to NOT rename the Gopro. Leave the default name in the GoPro app and see if that help. It worked for me. Set up in general has been a few hour process now. Many glitches. Very frustrating. I have a S9+ if anyone cares.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Network error, unable to connect. I have tried all the suggested steps and nothing is working. Come on Go Pro you need to fix this!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @discosteve74

What phone are you using?

Are you using WI-Fi or personal hotspot?

Please ensure that the camera and the app are both up to date.

You may also try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

For reference, please check this article: 

Getting Started With Live Streaming

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just reset the camera back to factory settings and it worked fine.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same here.. it says "connetion lost to the camera" and kicks me out every time i wanted to "set up live" please GOPRO fix this issue or make an update (I have an Iphone 8 with the latest IOS version) 

thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]
@danielalejandro,

When you go to live stream do you have an alternative wifi connection or do you initiate a wifi hotspot on the iphone?
Sightseer

[ New ]

Both. But I have no clue how to even do it without wifi. I've tried the use phone as "hotspot" option, but it seems to go nowhere. I've even tried the reset to factory and start over bit and nothing. It will try to stream to FB but then shut off after a few seconds. Youtube shut off a lot quicker, like 2-3 seconds.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the information shared.

Try uninstalling the app, then have it installed again.

Proceed with the pairing process and then try live stream.

Should the issue persists, It is best to contact our Support Team to get this all set up on your phone.

They should be able to help you.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I took the device out of the box. Paired it with the GoPro App and it asked me what to name the camera. This was mistake #1. After it paired, it did prompt for an update to 1.51. This succeeded, but the GoPro would not live stream. App kept disconnecting from the camera.

So based on the readings in this thread, I deleted the device from the GoPro App. I clicked Forget this device in my WiFi settings on my mobile.
Then I attempted to Pair the camera with the App again. It asked if I wanted to connect to the device Default name (GP########) Once I paired it and clicked the Live option from the Preview menu in the app, i was able to setup my Facebook connection and live stream using my in-house WiFi. Dont know if there is a way to rename the device afterwards, but the Streaming is working just fine with the Default device name.
Start there and add steps as you go.
Next I'll try the HotSpot and then RTMP destination.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Uninstall and reinstall app. Reset camera to factory setting. Reduce resolution and reduce frame rate to 30fps. How new is the smartphone? Older smartphones could have resource issues.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Reinstall the update after resetting the camera.
Tourist

[ New ]
Im getting the same, network error, unable to connect. But only on my phones hotspot. Works fine on my home wifi, and tried 3 different phones wifi to no sucess. My phones speed is 100mb and my home wifi is 30mb so speed is not an issue
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stoutwater26026

Kindly test if you're able to access the internet on a phone connected to your personal hotspot.

This is just to isolate where the issue is.

We hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I will try this, but i always use the hotspot for my laptop and never had an issue.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stoutwater26026

Feel free to post back once you're able to test it.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
For people who have problems streaming using their phone as a hotspot, make sure you try this away from any WiFi networks your phone might try to connect to, or forget those networks in the phones settings.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey

I have a Gopro Hero 7 Black and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone after connecting and setting up the phone and camera live broadcast on YouTube takes 3 seconds and an error pops up. The content of the error "please turn off the camera and re-enable and start the live broadcast" and so on.
I am asking for help in solving the problem.

greetings
Thomas

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @picollo39

Have you tried testing the camera with another phone? Are you getting the same error?

Are you using Wi-Fi or Personal Hotspot?

What is the Android version of your phone?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi. I have same problem. I just managed to connect my camera to phone app. My phone is huawei honor 7. And as i can understand that its connected via wifi, but if i try to do live via facebook and its try to start bluetooth, bluetooth doesnt connect. Maybe its because both connections on? and phone cant handle it? i dont understand that. And why on packet its says made for iphone or ipad ? not android? im confused.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dreamer88,

Sorry to know that. 

On packaging it says made for iPhone and iPad but it also says that it is available for Android Play Store. 

So it's Available for both Android and iOS. 

Best option I can suggest is to reinstall the app. 

After that make sure that your phone's bluetooth is turned on and with internet access so that it can broadcast live. 

If issue persist please contact our customer support team via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
Can it be that my bluetooth module is older and cannot connect to goPro, is that possible?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dreamer88,

It might be. 

You can confirm that with a GoPro Customer Support Representative. 

Please try to contact them via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all!
(GoPro HERO7 Black + Samsung Galaxy Note8).

I had (have?) the same problem. Here is my story :)

1) I was always receiving following message after the 2nd second of Live video:

"CAN'T START YOUR STREAM
Turn your camera off and on, and then try steraming again."

After 2h of chatting with GoPro live support I understood following:

Phone all the time is trying to connect to the more stable internet connection and is interrupting connection with GoPro. To stop this - disconnect your phone from all WiFi access points and turn off mobile data. Your phone should not have any active internet connections! Now you will be able to go Live.
The main problem is - this works only when you have avaliable WIFI AP to connect your GoPro and this AP is not your phones "Mobile Hotspot". But what to do if you do not have any other options to get online? I have no answer here..

2) Where is one more problem which we were unable to solve.
When I stop live streaming, phones App disconnects from GoPro and it is impossible to connect Phone to GoPro again. Each time when I am trying to reconnect I am receiving following message:

"SOMETHING WENT WRONG
Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on to continue."

To get App connected to the GoPro I must get through paring process once again. Otherwise it is impossible to get GoPro connected to your phone's App.

Hope this helps someone.

GoPro Team - please react to this thread and fix GoPro-App connection stability. My case Nr, was #:05234177

Thanks!

All the best,
Max 

Hiker

[ New ]

I have the same issue. After a camera-reset I can get the Live function working once using the iPhone hotspot, but on a second try the connection to the camera fails and it is impossible to connect to the camera unless I reset the connection settings. 
Resetting the connection settings however is not sufficient to get the live broadcast functioning again. To get this to work I have to factory reset the camere.
Both devices (Hero 7 Black and iPhone 8) are on the latest versions and so is the GoPro app.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sleepy68,

Have you tried deleting bluetooth device ID? 

Resetting Wi-Fi connection and deleting bluetooth Device ID and uninstalling / reinstall might help. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]

After some attempts the iPhone was unable to connect to the camera using the GoPro app. Manual connection to the camere wifi after resetting the wifi connection on the iPhone failed and the iPhone claimed wrong wifi password (but it was not). The battery level dropped quickly and the camera got hotter although nothing was recorded, only attempts to connect to the camera.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sleepy68,

May I know if you're connected via Wi-Fi or Mobile Data (Hotspot)?

How long did it take to drain the battery/

Please  let us know.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]

I was able to get the live streaming to facebook working twice using the phone hoptspot, that is on the first attempt the connection was established but I was unable to successfully start streaming.
The second attempt successfully streamed to FB using the phone hotspot, but after stopping the stream I was unable to reconnect between the camera and the iPhone. I guess the battery level dropped from 50% to 30% in less than 10 minutes when trying to establish connection between the phone and the camera. During this period the camera menus was operational, but as described it was impossible to connect to the camera wifi manually as the iPhone claimed i entered the wrong password both before and after I reset the wifi connection on the phone using "Forget this network".

Tourist

[ New ]

same issues from day one nothing is working tried all suggestions 

Tourist

[ New ]
So I tried new phone. And it first connected to Bluetooth, then to WiFi. And it works now. So the problem was older phone. My phone has Android version 6.0. new one has 8.1. so I solved my problem. Thanks.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @boldtree10056

What error message are you getting?

Are you using an Android or an iPhone?

Thanks for sharing @dreamer88

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Using home via Wi-Fi = working fine

Using Mobile Data (Hotspot) = not working

Using Different Mobile Data (Hotspot) [one mobile for hotspot another mobile to operate GoPro] = not working

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @foggywave35610

If you stream from a personal hotspot, make sure you have strong cellular coverage and a data plan that lets you stream from a hotspot and provides adequate data rates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Updated my gopro yesterday. 

I have strong wifi both at home and at work. 

As soon as i press the shutter to start the livestream the camera goes black and freezes.

I've tryed several times, reinstalled the iPhone app, factory reset to the gopro and so on....

still does not work.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @onimbe

I have just tested a live stream with a HERO7 Black(Android and iPhone), both worked fine.

How did you update the camera?

If it was not done manually, try re-flashing the software. https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Once done, proceed with the pairing process then see if the live stream option works.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I was under the impression that you could stream live with a home wifi network WITHOUT the use of a phone or the app. If I'm connected to my home wifi, is there not a way to avoid connecting the camera to the phone and connect directly to my home wifi to stream?