Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

Have the same issue with Galaxy A8 with Hero 7 Black. Have to unpair and do pairing each time before able to set up live streaming thus usable for one time only. Only rtmp working, Fb and youtube not working, keeps asking for account to use and does not accept selection i made (tried 2 different accounts that are verified). Believe there is issue with bluetooth pairing which is not persisted in gopro.

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Same issue with iphone X and gopro hero 7. tried all advised solutions in this thread but nothing worked. even tryied switching between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. Nothing seems to work. Im trying to stream to twitch using my rtmp url. im able to pair/connect iphone to gopro. Tried turning off mobile data and "forget" my current home wifi (so it cant reconnect at any time). I can see the live view. I set everything up and then click on "go live". It last about 5 seconds and then says "cannot connect. please restart camera" or something along those lines. 

Tourist

So disapointed in this camera. I can get it to connect to a facebook page, after having to go to the desktop version of facebook live so I can click on the go live button. However, everything stops working after a few minuets of streaming due to the speed of my hotspot. I have a good signal on my ipad (which is running the gopro app and serves as my hotspot).

What is the speed requirements for streaming with the GoPro?

GoPro

Hi @tareke81704 @shellin1

There is a recently released update for the GoPro app on iOS.

See if this takes care of the issue.

Check out the information on this article.

If you still get the same error, please reach out to our Support Team.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs   

We do not have a speed requirement for live streaming.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I just bought this GoPro today and updated the software to your most current version (1.70.00). I, in particular, want to be able to stream Live to my Facebook account and as of right now I am not able to. I am connected to the camera via Wi-Fi, but have been unsuccessful at pairing the GoPro to my iPhone 8+. And yes, both Wif-Fi & Bluetooth are enabled. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Ben

GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @binrawbissun. First, make sure that you also have the updated version of the GoPro App. The latest version (v5.2.1) has been released just a few days ago. Once done, ensure that the you are getting strong and stable Internet connection. If you stream from a personal hotspot, make sure you have strong cellular coverage and a data plan that lets you stream from a hotspot and provides adequate data rates.

You may go through the steps here to get started with live streaming again. Let us know how it works out. Thanks! 

Tourist

I checked the versoion I have of the GoPro App. It is  5.2.2. So, I am using the most latest software you have available. I need to get this resolved asap as this weekend I have a conference I am attending and need to have the Live streaming feature working on my GoPro by then. Please advise on how to resolve this. Thank you.

GoPro

Hi @binrawbissun

I have just tested an iPhone8 and a HERO7 Black and was able to live stream successfully.

Make sure that your camera is paired with your phone via the GoPro app. Try re-pairing them again. Forget the Bluetooth ID and Wi-Fi name. Delete the camera name on the app.

You should be able to pair them.

If you are still having issues pairing, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej