Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

I followed all of these steps and all advice in this forum (read my post above). I have a solid wi fi network. This works on my partner's iphone fine on the same network. The problem is that I believe the app is not working correctly on a google pixel phone.

Is there a way I can get the password for my camera's wireless network and connect my desktop to the camera to get the live feed on my desktop, as with the old gopros ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @greenboost82165

There isn't a live feed option between the camera and the computer yet.

Have you tried using personal hotspot for the connection?

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought the Hero 7 Black a few days, and at first, i had no problems connecting it to the wifi.  I want to use it for live streaming for snowboarding.  It worked the first time, but ever since, i have not been able to get it to work.  I tried deleting and reinstaling the app a couple times, as well as factory resets.  Now, it wont even connect via wi-fi.  Even though my GoPro is connected to my phone via wi-fi, i cannot connect the app to the GoPro.  Not sure how that is happening, how can it be connected via wi-fi, but not connect via wi-fi even though its connected.  I'm lost!  I just keep getting the message i attached to this.  The only thing my gopro is good for is recording, but i cant connect to ANYTHING anymore.  First GoPro i have ever had that is giving me such frustrating issues.  Thinking about taking it back.  Any help would be appreciated. 

gopro issue.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

I got mine to live-stream once upon a time. I’ve been skiing this week and also wanted to livestream, I have never got so stressed with technology since windows 95.
It sucks, does not do what it says in the tin, loads of people having issues and no fix from GoPro. The hypersmooth is good but livestream might aswel be removed from the options, the app is rubbish too,very temperamental
Do yourself a favour and return it.
Highlighted
Tourist

I returned after 7 hours of trying to get it to work.   Watch the 30 day return window!!    I went back to using my GoPro 4,  with no issues.  I'll take my refund on the Black 7 thank you very much!

Highlighted
Tourist

I don’t want to return it if I can help it. I do like the hyper stabilization a ton. But I wish their live worked batter. I noticed after I restarted my phone I managed to fix a lot. Here’s hoping later on I can get it figured out. Wondering why a lot of people are having issues with it but yet a lot of people it is working just fine for.
Highlighted
Tourist

disregard my previous issue complaint please.  After some time of playing around with it, and the app, and my phone, I managed to figure out what the issue was.  I have since been able to connect for live stream 4 times without any issues.   But boy o' boy, talk about a confusing mess for a minute!  Makes perfect sense now that i know what to do and what to look for but geez, i can see why people are getting caught up with it.  

Now I am happy!  Thanks GoPro for yet another awesome camera!! .... now that i got it figured out!

Highlighted
Tourist

So today I upgraded my phone from iPhone 7 to iPhone XS and live stream is working again. Only cost me 1.3k to get it to work then 🤣