Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

Hi @sleepy68,

May I know if you're connected via Wi-Fi or Mobile Data (Hotspot)?

How long did it take to drain the battery/

Please  let us know.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

I was able to get the live streaming to facebook working twice using the phone hoptspot, that is on the first attempt the connection was established but I was unable to successfully start streaming.
The second attempt successfully streamed to FB using the phone hotspot, but after stopping the stream I was unable to reconnect between the camera and the iPhone. I guess the battery level dropped from 50% to 30% in less than 10 minutes when trying to establish connection between the phone and the camera. During this period the camera menus was operational, but as described it was impossible to connect to the camera wifi manually as the iPhone claimed i entered the wrong password both before and after I reset the wifi connection on the phone using "Forget this network".

Tourist

same issues from day one nothing is working tried all suggestions 

Tourist

So I tried new phone. And it first connected to Bluetooth, then to WiFi. And it works now. So the problem was older phone. My phone has Android version 6.0. new one has 8.1. so I solved my problem. Thanks.
GoPro

Hi @boldtree10056

What error message are you getting?

Are you using an Android or an iPhone?

Thanks for sharing @dreamer88

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Using home via Wi-Fi = working fine

Using Mobile Data (Hotspot) = not working

Using Different Mobile Data (Hotspot) [one mobile for hotspot another mobile to operate GoPro] = not working

GoPro

Hi @foggywave35610

If you stream from a personal hotspot, make sure you have strong cellular coverage and a data plan that lets you stream from a hotspot and provides adequate data rates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Updated my gopro yesterday. 

I have strong wifi both at home and at work. 

As soon as i press the shutter to start the livestream the camera goes black and freezes.

I've tryed several times, reinstalled the iPhone app, factory reset to the gopro and so on....

still does not work.