Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

Update: now with updated go pro app released in March made things even worst, live streaming hard to setup not fixed, and when get live streaming working, but actually at the rtmp server side totally does not received the stream. what gives go pro....did you guys really test your product properly.

Tourist

I have the same probelm. The app shows that the live stream is ok, but not a single byte on the rtmp side, therefore no youtube video.

GoPro

Hello @grandhero46231 and @mihalym05. There was a recent change to YouTube guidelines that is impacting how GoPro (or any other device) can do live streaming.  Per YouTube's Help Center, the threshold for YouTube Live has been raised. To be able to live stream on mobile, your channel will need to have at least 1,000 subscribers. See if this is what is causing trouble on your end with the live stream function. Let us know what you find out. Many thanks!

Tourist

How recent is this? Because it worked two weeks ago.

Hiker

Hello @mariustanya , using other encoder software like streamlabs sending stream to the same rtmp url (i am using GoPro other rtmp url option and not youtube since never got youtube option of GoPro app ever working) of youtube working still, only GoPro does not work after the update (GoPro app version 5.2.2 and GoPro Hero 7 Black v1.70 firmware).

So nothing to do with the said policy unless youtube is purposely blocking sources from GoPro only but not other encoders.

GoPro

Thank you for the quick reply, @grandhero46231. We actually tested going live directly from iOS and Android devices and we were not able to stream live. We got the notification regarding not meeting eligibility requirements for mobile live streaming. This notification links to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en . The team is aware of the issue and is looking into it. We will provide an update once we get more information. 

Sightseer

I need help! This is the message I am getting when trying tro set my GoPro Hero 07 up to go Live on YouTube 

You need to remove my hero07 from the camera screen Connect to your camera again, enabling Bluetooth, then set up live stream again. I have no idea how to do this! Everything I try doesn't work! Now I an getting Something went wrong Make sure WI FI abd Bluetooth are on to continue but they are both on!

Tourist

I also experience the issue with live streaming.

I need to pair again my hero7 black every time I want to stream, because of an error saying, that I need to use bluetooth.

After a successfull stream, I cannot make another one, because I cannot connect to my camera again.
Well, after an aplication restart AND GoPro restart I can select my camera, but I get the same BT error again, so I need to pair again my HERO7 and so on.

This is really frustrating.

Another thing is that when the stream fails because of a poor network connection, your camera stops recording to you SD card.

I would suggest to add an option to select not stopping the recording in case of such issue, because in my case I ended up in a situation, where I had no stream and no footage on my SD card and I couldn't do again what I did.

Streaming was one of the features I needed most and now I am really disappointed.