Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Live streaming not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

Hi. I have same problem. I just managed to connect my camera to phone app. My phone is huawei honor 7. And as i can understand that its connected via wifi, but if i try to do live via facebook and its try to start bluetooth, bluetooth doesnt connect. Maybe its because both connections on? and phone cant handle it? i dont understand that. And why on packet its says made for iphone or ipad ? not android? im confused.

GoPro

Hi @dreamer88,

Sorry to know that. 

On packaging it says made for iPhone and iPad but it also says that it is available for Android Play Store. 

So it's Available for both Android and iOS. 

Best option I can suggest is to reinstall the app. 

After that make sure that your phone's bluetooth is turned on and with internet access so that it can broadcast live. 

If issue persist please contact our customer support team via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

Can it be that my bluetooth module is older and cannot connect to goPro, is that possible?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @dreamer88,

It might be. 

You can confirm that with a GoPro Customer Support Representative. 

Please try to contact them via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi all!
(GoPro HERO7 Black + Samsung Galaxy Note8).

I had (have?) the same problem. Here is my story :)

1) I was always receiving following message after the 2nd second of Live video:

"CAN'T START YOUR STREAM
Turn your camera off and on, and then try steraming again."

After 2h of chatting with GoPro live support I understood following:

Phone all the time is trying to connect to the more stable internet connection and is interrupting connection with GoPro. To stop this - disconnect your phone from all WiFi access points and turn off mobile data. Your phone should not have any active internet connections! Now you will be able to go Live.
The main problem is - this works only when you have avaliable WIFI AP to connect your GoPro and this AP is not your phones "Mobile Hotspot". But what to do if you do not have any other options to get online? I have no answer here..

2) Where is one more problem which we were unable to solve.
When I stop live streaming, phones App disconnects from GoPro and it is impossible to connect Phone to GoPro again. Each time when I am trying to reconnect I am receiving following message:

"SOMETHING WENT WRONG
Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on to continue."

To get App connected to the GoPro I must get through paring process once again. Otherwise it is impossible to get GoPro connected to your phone's App.

Hope this helps someone.

GoPro Team - please react to this thread and fix GoPro-App connection stability. My case Nr, was #:05234177

Thanks!

All the best,
Max 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue. After a camera-reset I can get the Live function working once using the iPhone hotspot, but on a second try the connection to the camera fails and it is impossible to connect to the camera unless I reset the connection settings. 
Resetting the connection settings however is not sufficient to get the live broadcast functioning again. To get this to work I have to factory reset the camere.
Both devices (Hero 7 Black and iPhone 8) are on the latest versions and so is the GoPro app.

GoPro

Hi @sleepy68,

Have you tried deleting bluetooth device ID? 

Resetting Wi-Fi connection and deleting bluetooth Device ID and uninstalling / reinstall might help. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

After some attempts the iPhone was unable to connect to the camera using the GoPro app. Manual connection to the camere wifi after resetting the wifi connection on the iPhone failed and the iPhone claimed wrong wifi password (but it was not). The battery level dropped quickly and the camera got hotter although nothing was recorded, only attempts to connect to the camera.