Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Live streaming disaster with this GoPro 10 - live streaming twitch wont connect

[ New ]

Hi All,

Anyone got any ideas. I've read through the posts and nothing seems to work. Here goes with the problem

I have a GoPro 10 on a new Google Pixel 6, all updated (both the Google phone, the GoPro App and the Go Pro itself) - so everything is on the right versions. 

When I go to stream to Twitch I click the Live stream option in the app, click on Twitch - camera connected and I am confronted with the following error message

"Allow Twitch, sorry something went wrong. Please try again". So I click on the "allow" option, and back we go to the same error message. Basically you can loop all day with this error message. Any ideas?

Cheers

GoPro

Re: Live streaming disaster with this GoPro 10 - live streaming twitch wont connect

[ New ]

Hi @wiredguytv

Is your phone running on Android 12?

We have recently released an update for the GoPro Quik app on Android.

Make sure to restart your device before trying again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: Live streaming disaster with this GoPro 10 - live streaming twitch wont connect

[ New ]

Hi Aragon1006,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am actually running Android 12 and the phone is fully updated. I've redownloaded the app, but still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @wiredguytv

We'll have this checked with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Have you tried also doing a clean install of the Twitch app?

I'm trying to find someone in our team with a similar set up as you, I personally have a Note 10 on Android 11 and I was able to start a live streaming on Twitch. I didn't see the loopy error you mentioned.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I have a coworker in testing team who tried with Pixel 5 / Android 12 and it worked fine.
He reset his password so had to re authenticate, maybe that's also something to try, a password of your Twitch account.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hiya

So thankful for all this research you are doing. However despite deleting the Twitch app and the GoPro app and reinstalling, plus changing my Twitch password. No it doesn't work on Twitch. It's sorted YouTube but not Twitch

Any ideas
GoPro

[ New ]
Does it work properly if you don't use your GoPro to twitch? like directly with your phone?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

I think I know what the problem is.  In order to setup live streaming you need to be connected to the internet.  Your phone is staying connected to the camera's wifi network and you most likely dont have a data connection fallback option.  So you keep getting stuck on this allow screen.  We need internet to connect to Twitch's authentication screen so you can sign in to your account.

If possible can you try to force your phone to connect to wifi/internet?  If I disable my wifi and data plan I am able to see your issue. 

You can also try to disable wifi in the preview display before trying to access live streaming option that way your camera is connected over bluetooth only instead of wifi.  (In case your phone is preferring your camera's network over your wifi access point)

device-2022-01-21-110912.png 

Please let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Jason

Sightseer

[ New ]
Ok will do