Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Live Feed with GoPro 7 black and latest mobile app - 2.4ghz the only option?

[ New ]

Why can I set my camera for 5GHz wifi connections, and yet when setting up Live Streaming in the GoPro App, I am only presented with 2.4GHZ wifi networks to connect to?  Why are 5GHz wifi networks not available in the GoPro App for live streaming??????

GoPro

Re: Live Feed with GoPro 7 black and latest mobile app - 2.4ghz the only option?

[ New ]

Hi @temabu

What phone are you using?

To clarify are you having trouble with the live preview on the app or live streaming?

Are you able to send a screenshot of the app showing the error?

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app.

Please make sure you are on the latest version.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Live Feed with GoPro 7 black and latest mobile app - 2.4ghz the only option?

[ New ]

I couldnt reproduce it - mainly because it appears that from within my phone, although I can connect to 5ghz wifi, if its on the limit, from within the GoPro App it doestn see it.  Possibly because it discards it as too weak a signal.  The GoPro can connect to the 5ghz wifi just fine from the same location.  So moral of the story is that you need to be nearer the 5Ghz wifi signal when using the GoPro App than when just using the phone.

Phone is a OnePlus 6. Android 10.