Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Lenght of video in android app

I have not explored deeply the Android App but I would like to know if it is possible to do longer videos (more than 30sec).

And what will be the longest you could make? 

Thank you in advance is anybody knows.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Lenght of video in android app

Hi @hred01

This usually depends on the music/elements selected.

Check out How to Create A Multi-Clip Edit in the GoPro App

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I guess I never loaded longer videos or a multi clip with longer times to try. But I will do it and see what happens. I will post back when I have some results.

Highlighted
GoPro

@hred01, just an additional tip. If you need to add multiple songs to your video, a workaround is to create several videos. We can call these "chapters", one for each song to be combined in the end. 

• Make video A with music A and export it to your camera roll/device. 

• Make video B with music B and export this video as well to your camera roll/device. 

• Create a third video: select video A and video B. 

• Choose video style RAW 

• iOS Devices - For each individual video in the timeline select Manual under Trim option. 

• Android Devices - For each individual video in the timeline select Manual under Trim option so the video is played in full. 

• Make sure that you remove the current song (Music/No Music). 

Highlighted
Hiker

Nice tip! I like that idea. I will have to give it a try.
So I guess a multi chapter video can have multiple songs. Thank you.
Highlighted
GoPro

You got it, @hred01. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks gopro please let us know when the problem has fixed I'm on the latest android update on my hauwai p20 Pro and latest gopro app
Highlighted
Hiker

I am about to do a multi clip or chapter video, I will use all the answers from this post and reply one more time with the results.

I just updated to the lates release of the app.

I was interested on lenght of videos so I will post what the lenght of mine ends up being. I just wanted to give one more feedback on this topic.  Android App video Lenght.