Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Nomad

Latest Version of GoPro App not working with Fusion

[ Edited ]

I upgraded my GoPro App for Android on Jan 13th.  I could still connect, access and control my 2 GoPro Fusions and my GoPro Hero 6 Black via the app.  However when I tried to download a photo from the GoPro Fusion, the app just refused to work.  I would select a clip, then select the photo icon.  At which stage it would bring me to the next screen with the download button, it would act like it downloaded the photo.  However when I went into the media section of the GoPro app and selected "Local" the photo was not there.  I tried to also download a 33 second video clip from the Fusion and no luck.  It would act like it was transferring the clip (with the 1:30 remaining transfer status) but then after about a minute it would kick me back out to the part where you select the section of the clip to download.  I would again check the "local" section of the media in the GoPro app and it would be empty.  However I could download footage from the GoPro Hero 6 Black with no issues.  

I updated the GoPro Fusion with the latest (Beta) Firmware available today, but still no luck when it came to downloading photo's or video.

I went and uninstalled the GoPro app and reinstalled version 4.6.1 of the app.  Once I did this I was able to download photo's and video's from the Fusion easily.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0.  

Is anyone else having this issue?  Is it a known issue by GoPro and is there going to be an update to the app soon that resolves this?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Latest Version of GoPro App not working with Fusion

Hi @irishmanpdx

Thank you for sharing.

I was able to replicate the issue on an Android phone and an iPhone.

I have already raised this to the team in charge.

I'll get this thread updated once I have information.

Regards,

Ej