Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Is GOPRO providing Windows app to replace QUIK

@audiacious
Quik App is currently not being updated but on mobile GoPro App is, as a matter of fact an update is coming up.
On GoPro App you can view HiLights and edit them when you are in multi-clip editing mode. HiLights that you add on your video clips are used to make the auto-cuts on your video clip and select the best parts in your Story.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

which means if I have HOURS of footage I capture, I need to go to my phone to edit and such if I want to see the highlights.  Either that or I need to trim as I capture which means I need to keep stopping and trimming so I only keep the highlights?  you do realize how asinine that sounds right? It essentially makes gopro only viable for short shots and not the Vlogging like yall have been pushing with the media mod and attachments.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yep. Wait until you start moving 4GB HEVC files to the phone and manipulating them - rotfl

I wrote previously, that the new iPhone and Social Media centric software process was designed for 12 yo girls posting 10 second clips of exploding cats to instagram.

It's not clear to me that anyone at GoPro has a clue how we use these things or why forcing download to an iPhone via WiFi which takes 7 minutes/GB is a galactically bad idea.

I wrote a whole thread on this a while back, immediately before I sold my Hero8 after a single use.
Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly, I'm shooting 4k clips high bitrate and they expect us to transfer everything to phone to edit. I mean sure I can transfer everything to pc but no highlights and no gopro tools.