Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Is GOPRO providing Windows app to replace QUIK

You could export the data to GPX and merge them with a third party program, or export them all merged directly with the Premium version of the Telemetry Extractor
Highlighted
Hiker

A task that takes seconds for Hero5 data in Quik now takes exactly how many pieces of purchased software and how many process steps?

This is like listening *nix weenies explaining how to "do it the *nix way".

Yeah, I admit I can pay money to buy my way out if GoPro's ineptitude. I am unwilling to do so, and I sold the camera - I won't miss it and I'll live without the improved image capture quality.
Highlighted
Tourist

Dunno. Never used any of those programs. Pretty sure whichever one you pick will have a instructions because they weren't made by GoPro 😂
Highlighted
Nomad

Just to be clear - you bought an action cam (which, as you write yourself, is good) and not a video editing program! QUICK can still be downloaded ... if you want to make life difficult for yourself, keep working with it ... Or use an appropriate editing program. They range from free to very expensive ...

Highlighted
Tourist

To be fair, I think what's actually happened here is our friend has found out the workflow he was using no longer works, got cross about it before doing any research or investigation into ways around his issue, sold his camera, and is now angrily looking for validation for the emotionally directed decision he made.
Highlighted
Hiker

Record a 30 minute HEVC 4K 60fps video. (ca. 24 GB, 6 files). Attach any two GPS data stickers. Combine the files and trim the start/finish.

This is a very trivial requirement.

Time yourself and see how long it takes you and how many bits of software you need.
Highlighted
Hiker

"To be fair, I think what's actually happened here is our friend has found out the workflow he was using no longer works, got cross about it before doing any research or investigation into ways around his issue, sold his camera, and is now angrily looking for validation for the emotionally directed decision he made."

To be fair, a typical fanbois response. Lots of those here I notice.

I did make an effort to clearly define the issues in a separate post. Plenty of reproducible bugs and lots of piss poor design. I have fired a lot of engineers for less, and more than one for being a --bleep-- like you.

But hey, I am sure you can make excellent exploding cat videos for Instagram with your Hero8 - a task for which the device is well suited, using the software provided.

Have a great life.
Highlighted
Nomad

@philipl3616 install LAB FW 1.7 - You can use it to create long files! The clips are now 12GB instead of about 4GB. So instead of about 5 minutes with 4k60 it is then about 15 minutes. With 30 minutes of recording only 2 files! Then (and don't do that!) I would never use an APP or Qick ... I use RaceRender for the GPS data! With it I can merge the two files, add GPS overlays as desired and also crop the beginning and end ... But to really do a video cut I use a video cutting program such as. daVinci or PowerDirector. By the way, I have 5 different action cams, a "normal" video camera and a system camera for photos, with which you can also record videos in FullHD with 50fps ... NO camera has an editing program attached, apart from the Panasonic they don't even have their own APP for remote control via WLAN - only one generic that supports different brands ... Seen in this way, the GoPro Hero with 4k60fps is SUPER for the price and the image quality! I don't know if DJI will do better for less money. I know that Blackmagix makes it much better for a lot more money - but that's a different kind of thing ...

Recording videos, copying them to the PC and then editing them with an editing program from a third manufacturer is a completely normal procedure ... If you have the requirement that everything must work faster and easier, maybe recording videos is not your hobby ...