Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Is GOPRO providing Windows app to replace QUIK

I use mine mostly in motorsport. A single video is 5or 6 * 4GB files that cannot be stitched together withe the GPS data stickers.
Total waste if time. Try moving 20+GB to an iPhone over wifi, add stickers and then export it. The fact that I cannot stitch the files together indicates how retarded GoPro are. Galactically braindead is as polite as I can get.

Last GoPro, ever. Which is a shame, because the hardware and software of the camera itself aren't that bad. But that's where it ends
Highlighted
Nomad

Do you buy an action cam because of the included software ?! Here is i.a. Black Magix mentions ... their da Vinci software might be good if it didn't have the well-known bug with the GPU ... Their hardware is certainly great - but the price too ... alternatives to the GoPro Hero8 with 4k60fps? DJI ... they have a better SW? Good luck with other brands!

I'm not a fanboy ... if someone else finds another action cam of at least as good quality for the same price or cheaper, just send us the info!

Highlighted
Hiker

No. I bought it to make videos. But the software is so galactically bad that it is not actually possible to get usable videos off the Hero8. I have a thread referenced above. The product is not fit for purpose and GoPro deserve all the disdain I can muster being heaped on them.

The hardware/firmware of the Hero8 is OK, but that alone is useless.

Highlighted
Tourist

And the point still stands. You can edit the footage with literally any other editing software that isn't galactically bad.

I don't why you care so much about using GoPro's software anyway. Even if it did work properly it's the most basic, limited and fiddly piece of junk. It's something you'd use to introduce video editing to eight year olds.
Highlighted
Hiker

Get back to me when I can get a single 60FPS video 30 minutes long, incl. GPS sticker data, off a GoPro 8. Extra points if it can be done on less than a full battery charge (that's just the transfer, not the recording).
Highlighted
Tourist

Dashware allows you to use GPS overlays. It's a free package. Another paid option is RaceRender.

I don't really understand why you're talking about transferring data on a single charge. You take the microSD out, shove it in an adapter and use and SD reader. I can't help but feel you're making life needlessly difficult for yourself by imposing artificial limitations on yourself and your workflow.
Highlighted
Nomad

Here are some alternatives for creating the gauges on Windows/Mac https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks. So how do I join the 6 * 4GB files (HEVC 60fps) that make the session?