Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Iphone + GP7: How do you livestream to the hotspot?

How do I get the livestream feature to work through the iPhone hotspot?  I am able to stream just fine through my home wifi (very good pic BTW) but when I switch to the iphone hotspot I cannot get the GP7 to connect to the phone.  I get an error message saying:

"Something Went Wrong

Make sure the wifi and bluetooth are on to continue"  <-----they are

GP7 Black (with latest firmware as of today)

GoPro Iphone App (downloaded today)

Iphone 8 Plus (verizon)

What am I not doing?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Iphone + GP7: How do you livestream to the hotspot?

Hi @legionrapacious

Make sure that you have a data plan allocated for hotspot connection.

You may also check this article.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Broadcasting live sports can be an energizing and fun venture. It allows you to travel and experience various scenes, every one of which have their own one of a kind angles. Despite the fact that this is an extraordinary element of games broadcasting, in any case, it likewise gives a test regarding appropriate arrangement. Specifically, how might you communicate your occasion live without a strong, remote association? To put it plainly, you have to realize how to make a hotspot for broadcasting sports.

Fortunately the arrangement isn't exactly as hard as you may might suspect! To communicate live gushing occasions, you first need to know your transfer speed, which we'll cover in detail beneath. What's more, generally speaking, when gushing live sports you are regularly separated in the cheap seats or the sidelines. In the event that that is the situation, you'll have to arrangement a hotspot to get a web association 

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes.  I have used it before to link live drone video through FB and the iPhone before.  Not to mention kids tapping into my hotspot on road trips.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Here is what I see when I try to link GP7 to the App on my phone.....you can see the personal hotspot is on at the top in the second image and selected in the fitst image.

vbn.pngbnm.png

Highlighted
GoPro

@legionrapacious, thanks for posting back with an update. Some users reported the following steps helped get Live Streaming working:

• Factory Reset the HERO7 Black camera. NOTE: In addition to Camera Defaults, this resets date/time, clears your connections, and removes the camera from your GoPro Plus account.
  • Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here.

• Reinstall the GoPro App.

• Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

• Then, try setting up the live stream again. Getting Started With Live Streaming

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for tips. Followed everything you said and no good. It al work up to the point of connecting the cam to the hot spot. I can connect other devices to hotspot and get data from same location with no issue.

For giggles I also setup wife’s phone which was clean. Same problem.
Highlighted
GoPro

Appreciate you going through the recommended steps, @legionrapacious. In that case, the next step would be to engage our Support team for further assistance. You may reach the by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . When you do, please make sure that you have access to your camera, your mobile devices, and the Internet. You may  also direct Support to this link for reference. Best regards!