Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Install the GoPro App on your phone to finish the setup.

[ Edited ]

Hello, so I purchased a new phone and surprisingly my android OS does not support the GoPro app, my phone does not support Android 5.0 even with rooting or modifications. After i 'manually' updated my go pro, it still gives me a screen that says "1. Install the Go Pro app on your phone  to finish setup. 2. Leave your camera on and follow the app instructions".

I wish I knew about this before I purchased the camera, I don't plan on purchasing a phone when my current one is likely to last me years. Is there any alternative? I already won't be able to live stream, auto upload, but now I can't use my go pro hero 7 black what so ever.

Advice would be really appreciated I really don't want a different camera for the size and quality.

I have already done research there is no using previous 'compatible versions'. How come the Hero 7 Black is so dependant on wifi and a phone app?

If there is no alternative can someone reccomend me a cheap phone that wont be outdated anytime soon making me not able to use my go pro at all again? No where did I read the app was required for the Hero 7 Black or perhaps i'm making assumptions.

I feel really **bleep**ty If I have to return an unpackaged Hero 7 Black just because I don't have a phone that can run the go pro app.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Install the GoPro App on your phone to finish the setup.

Thanks for sharing @alex2323

You can skip this part by pressing the back arrow(upper left hand side).

A prompt will appear and it will give you an option to "Skip Setup".

It will then ask you to set the date and the time.

After this you should be able to use the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Thanks for sharing @alex2323

You can skip this part by pressing the back arrow(upper left hand side).

A prompt will appear and it will give you an option to "Skip Setup".

It will then ask you to set the date and the time.

After this you should be able to use the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem but mine is on the Hero7 silver and I dont see a back arrow
Hiker

Hey, so the solution is what the mod posted. I was frustrated that despite manually updating the go pro through microsd, IT STILL ASKED FOR THE APP! It will still ask you to accept legal terms - > gps -> then it goes to the 'please connect to app to continue setup'

ONLY on that last page will it show the back arrow. And when it hit it, before it goes back it says "Would you like to skip the setup?"