Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Insane slow download from gopro quick to iphone library

[ New ]
Gopro Quick: 8.7
GoPro 5
Iphone: 11 Pro v14.6

It takes hours and hours to download a 30 minute long movie.
Is that how it should be?

Always given up to try to download..
GoPro

Re: Insane slow download from gopro quick to iphone library

[ New ]

Hi @julnil

What version is the camera on?

Were you able to check if there is still enough storage on your phone?

Would you be able to test if the same is observed when using another device?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi :)

The camera version is 02.70.00
I have enough storage 30 unused GB, and the GoPro-clip is only 4 GB

I have tried on other phones too, on Samsung

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us.

See if resetting the wireless connection will help. Reset Wi-Fi Name and Password

Delete the camera name on the app then forget the Wi-Fi name and Bluetooth ID on your phones' connection settings.

Once done, proceed with the pairing process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Try to check the camera wifi band > 5 will be faster than 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

However some regions / phones REQUIRE that the camera is in 2.4GHz so it may not work for you switching from 2.4 to 5.
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
Hi,

Try to check the camera wifi band > 5 will be faster than 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

However some regions / phones REQUIRE that the camera is in 2.4GHz so it may not work for you switching from 2.4 to 5.

Are you sure that is possible for the GoPro 5?

I have no options to change/choose this, as I can tell?

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to us.

See if resetting the wireless connection will help. Reset Wi-Fi Name and Password

Delete the camera name on the app then forget the Wi-Fi name and Bluetooth ID on your phones' connection settings.

Once done, proceed with the pairing process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Now I have reset the conncetion, "forgot" the camera name in the app, and "forgot" the bluetooth ID on my phone. There were no Wi-Fi name on the phone to forget, it was already gone.

I have reconnected my gopro, and are now trying to download the clips to my Iphone

Started at 11.21, and it says "Preparing Your Vidoe"

At 11.26, 5 minutes later, it had only prepared so much of the clip:
(The clip is 11,5 minutes long, and about 4 GB large)

IMG_1729.PNG

At 11.31, 10 minutes later, it had only comed so far...

This will take forever, and it takes mush longer to download the clip, than it takes filming the clip...

IMG_1730.PNG

I see that my wifi-connection is off during this, is it the GoPro that is causing that to happen, and can that be the problem or is this how it is supposed to be?
It says 4G in the top right corner, that means that the phone no longer is using the wifi, but is now using the mobile data.

And I see that the "wifi" on my phone now is the GoPro camera

IMG_1731.jpg

Also note that the other device (samsung phone) I connected til yesterday, never had been connected to this gopro earlyer, så the connection there where new and fresh.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Ok sorry my bad I missed the info about HERO5, indeed you can't change it, sorry about that :(

I'm not sure there's much to be done here as the file you are trying to download is very long / very heavy. :( HERO9 will have much faster offload speed than the 5 so I'm afraid it does take lots of time :(