Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Imports back to gopro app from iphone photos even if deleted...

[ New ]

On my iPhone xr I deleted the app, because on my iCloud backup it took up like 40gb. And what i used to do before that is, always when I recorded on the gopro lets say for a day or two on some trip. I download all the files from the go pro to the app imported to ios photos and then delete all the files from the go pro app.

Now to the problem when i downloaded the app again it starts to download/import all files i ever recorded or taken. I don’t want all my files in two places i want to have them in photos not the go pro app. Why is it doing this?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Imports back to gopro app from iphone photos even if deleted...

[ New ]

Hello, @hannest4877. The only time that the GoPro App would automatically download or import files is from a camera when paired to it, and when the Auto Offload function in the app is enabled. See if this is the case. You may verify status by launching the GoPro App, then going to Settings, then Preferences, then Auto Offload. If this is enabled, see if disabling it clears the issue. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Imports back to gopro app from iphone photos even if deleted...

[ New ]

Hello, @hannest4877. The only time that the GoPro App would automatically download or import files is from a camera when paired to it, and when the Auto Offload function in the app is enabled. See if this is the case. You may verify status by launching the GoPro App, then going to Settings, then Preferences, then Auto Offload. If this is enabled, see if disabling it clears the issue.