2 weeks ago
We never advised to delete the GoPro App as this would also delete the data (all media) that you have on your phone (within the app). The steps would go as below:
1. Make sure camera is updated to the latest firmware. We recommend doing a manual update if update is not done yet.
2. Update phone to the latest firmware version (iOS 13.1.2).
3. Restart phone.
4. Check connection with GoPro App.
5. If it still does not work, reset connection. This can be done by forgetting GoPro from your phone's Wi-Fi network settings, deleting GoPro from your phone's Bluetooth devices list, and removing the camera from the GoPro App.
6. Re-pair. Connection should be up after this step.
We tested on our end and we are not seeing any issue with the connection. Should you still observe issues with connection after the steps above, please let us know if you are getting any connection error message. A screenshot will be greatly helpful. Please test as well if connectivity works with other phones, if available. This will help isolate the cause of the trouble further. Many thanks!
2 weeks ago
I have been wrangling with this issue all day. Nothing I do workers. I just go out an old iPhone 5S and running iOS 12 managed to get the camera and iOS 12 phone working. I did this as having tried everything suggested in this string several times I wanted to prove to myself that my HERO 5 Black was not faulty. It is not. So, new app (6.1), Bluetooth and Wi-fi networks all forgotten, HERO reset (and also to factory settings) and phone restarted (iphone 11 on 13.1.2) and nothing is working. Suggestions other than the above ?
a week ago