Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: IOS 13

Hello Everyone, 

We never advised to delete the GoPro App as this would also delete the data (all media) that you have on your phone (within the app). The steps would go as below: 

1. Make sure camera is updated to the latest firmware. We recommend doing a manual update if update is not done yet. 

2. Update phone to the latest firmware version (iOS 13.1.2). 

3. Restart phone. 

4. Check connection with GoPro App. 

5. If it still does not work, reset connection. This can be done by forgetting GoPro from your phone's Wi-Fi network settings, deleting GoPro from your phone's Bluetooth devices list, and removing the camera from the GoPro App. 

6. Re-pair. Connection should be up after this step. 

We tested on our end and we are not seeing any issue with the connection. Should you still observe issues with connection after the steps above, please let us know if you are getting any connection error message. A screenshot will be greatly helpful. Please test as well if connectivity works with other phones, if available. This will help isolate the cause of the trouble further. Many thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I have been wrangling with this issue all day.  Nothing I do workers.  I just go out an old iPhone 5S and running iOS 12 managed to get the camera and iOS 12 phone working.  I did this as having tried everything suggested in this string several times I wanted to prove to myself that my HERO 5 Black was not faulty.  It is not.  So, new app (6.1), Bluetooth and Wi-fi networks all forgotten, HERO reset (and also to factory settings) and phone restarted (iphone 11 on 13.1.2) and nothing is working.  Suggestions other than the above ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

tried this procedure a few days ago. It worked for me, unfortunately for one day only. Next day, the same situation...Would I have to re-pair every time I need to connect?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Tourist

Update: I just put IOS 13 on my wife's iPhone 6s and the GoPro App works fine with that. It is a shame I still cannot get it to work in a iPhone 11 !!!!
Highlighted
GoPro

@epicoasis4513, @epicoasis4513, apologies for any inconvenience this is causing. We'll share these details with the team in charge. Rest assured, we'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I wonder if they will ever get an update for iOS 13? My hero 4 sessions are now useless and I don’t know if I should keep waiting or invest in something that works.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pinchvalve

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Olá,

Estou com IPHONE XS versão 13.4. GOPRO HERO 8!!!

Versão do APP GOPRO 6.8 e a última e versão da GOPRO HERO 8 a V01.60. Quando segue os passos de conexão, ao final diz que não foi possível conectar. 

Imagem 1: Informa que gopro está conectada:

6e4252c6-5b42-41c9-9c63-d89e3d3a6ef2.jpg

Quando clico em "Controle sua GOPRO" aparece a imagem:

778765ba-8b6a-4307-862a-21149c455118.jpg

Porque isso ocorre? Não consigo acessar nada pelo celular!!! 

Existe outra versão do APP GOPRO?