Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: IOS 13

It will be when the app update is released
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

10/1 is the release?

Highlighted
Sightseer

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet! I got my first ever, brand new Hero7 Black plus an iPhone 11 Pro Max in preparation for my 10 year anniversary celebration in hawaii in 2 days. But on IOS13 it won't connect to the GoPro app. Connects just fine with my older iPad, but the iPad is so old it can't do smooth video playback in 4k.

Based on official replies in this thread It sounds as if GoPro is making a conscious decision to wait to fix this bug/problem until after their new product release announcement on 10/1 which is absolutely shameful. And it's not even clear if a fix will be released on 10/1 or if that's just their marketing hype for the GoPro 8 or whatever. Disappointing.

It's looking like my wife and her cheaper imitation camera will be primary videographer for our trip.

Highlighted
GoPro

@spryflash433 Sorry about that we have a release day tomorrow.

Highlighted
Tourist

do you mean the release of software patch for ios13 connection issue or a new hardware? if the former, it would be a great news.  

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@spryflash433  Yup! I am in the same boat! Finally pulled the trigger on getting a GoPro and I wasn't able to use it for what I needed it for. Really disappointing and poor business practice. Ended up buying an Insta360 for use this weekend. I can't even return the GoPro for a full refund anymore.

Highlighted
GoPro

@agaochen @doc108 @trex1101 @spryflash433 @danielr15 

We are releasing both Hardware and Software update today. GoPro App will be updated with new stuff + bug/crash fixes as well as support for iOS 13.

Highlighted
Tourist

Except that it doesnt fix the issue. I have just updated the app an hour ago and the issue persists. What a load of rubbish!