Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

I just bought a sandisck extreme pro 64 GB memory card for my gopro7 black it wouldn't read the card

I just bought a sandisck extreme pro 64 GB memory card for my gopro7 black it wouldn't read the card

and needed to reformat the card but took almost an hour and never worked. Is there anything i can do to get it working.

Tourist

Re: I just bought a sandisck extreme pro 64 GB memory card for my gopro7 black it wouldn't read the

how long should it take for the gopro to reformat the memory card..?

GoPro

Re: I just bought a sandisck extreme pro 64 GB memory card for my gopro7 black it wouldn't read the

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @wazza27. This typically indicates an issue with the card's formatting, or the card itself. I'd like to run through some troubleshooting steps in hopes of determining the root cause and finding a solution:

1. Ensure that you are inserting the SD card properly; the card's label/markings should face toward the battery.
  2. Format the SD card in the camera if possible (HERO7). Alternatively, use your computer. This will also help us determine if your computer will be able to recognize the SD card.
  3. Once formatted, reinsert the SD card (if necessary), and see if the issue is resolved.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann