Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

I can't view or edit 360 video on my phone

Hi there, I have a max (v1.30) and the gopro app (6.2.2). After shooting a video I can view it from the SD card in the camera, both normal and 360 video. I can also download both to the gopro app. But when I switch to the apps gallery and select the videos I just get a black screen, I can't view or edit it from there only delete it.

Now for normal videos I can simply save them to my phone and edit them elsewhere but the App won't let me save 360 videos to my phone or edit them.

I'm using a Huawei P30 Pro so the hardware definitely isn't too old. I tried reinstalling the app, restarting devices and redownloading footage, none of that helped.

I then tried with a (not very old) LG V30 instead. With this phone it normally doesn't want to connect to the camera but if I manage to connect and download the video files I can use your reframing tool in the app to make a video and save it to the phone. I can also simply playback all videos in the apps gallery without being connected to the camera.

The way it is the max is absolutely unusable for me. Any tips?

Tourist

Re: I can't view or edit 360 video on my phone

Update: I am now able to view photos and 360 content in the apps gallery. The trick is to filter the content from all to photos or 360 media respectively in the top left corner of the app. This doesn't work for normal videos however and I'm still unable to view them in the app, but this is easily exported to the normal gallery and then edited elsewhere.

This is some very weird behaviour from the app ...

Sightseer

Hi there, were you talking about exporting the 360 files to the Gallery of your phone?

Tourist

"But when I switch to the apps gallery and select the videos I just get a black screen, I can't view or edit it from there only delete it.

Now for normal videos I can simply save them to my phone and edit them elsewhere but the App won't let me save 360 videos to my phone or edit them."

This should answer your question ... I know I can't export them to the phone as a 360 video (which also doesn't make much sense), the problem was I wasn't even able to view them im the gopro app. My second post is a workaround for that but after a bit less than a month of still seriously flawed software and no reply from support I've decided to return it anyways.

GoPro

@quickmesa48380 

Hi,

so to recap and make sure I'm ok

- max (v1.30)

- and the gopro app (6.2.2) > please update GoPro App to 6.4.1 which is the latest on Android

- Huawei P30 Pro

You are trying to do a Keyframing on your 360 video and it's black, only hear audio? Is that correct?

Info on Keyframing here > https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Use-Reframe-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/421374

If you try with a brand new file, short 360 video, do you have the exact same behavior?

And yes you have to edit the 360 before saving it to phone > https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/360-Media-Support-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/408043

Let me know :)

Thank you