Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

I can't upload photos to my Quik app

[ New ]
I have an android and was able to use photos and videos perfectly well but today everytims I tried to add photos the app crashed. I have reinstalled the app but it is still happening. Can you advise please
GoPro

Re: I can't upload photos to my Quik app

[ New ]

Hi @vitalapex5664

Sorry for any troubles caused.

An update outside of Quik App (Google) is causing this issue, our team investigating the problem and they are working on a fix.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
thanks for the update do you have any idea how long it may take?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vitalapex5664

We'll post an update on this thread once we have additional information.

Thanks again!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi @aragon1006
How is it going?
Are you now able to estimate in how long time will be the fix available?
GoPro

[ New ]

@jackpie, we currently do not have an estimated time as to when the fix will be available. Rest assured, we're working deliberately on it. We'll keep everyone posted as soon as we have any further update. Your patience is very much appreciated.

Tourist

[ New ]
I am facing the same problem!
Tourist

[ New ]
@turasa
They added a message when opening Quik that the problem is known and will be fixed as soon as possible.
Tourist

[ New ]
Good to know. Please press on them!! I love that app!!!!!
Tourist

[ New ]
That is me today!!! Frustrating . Good to know they know the problem. But I would like for Google to get on this sooner than later! Very frustrating!
Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone,

The fix for Quik for mobile app crashing when adding a photo is now available at the Google Play Store. Please install the latest version of Quik App (or update to it).  After updating, clear cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data), and restart your phone. Please let us know if the app works correctly now. 

Kind Regards,

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you very much! To be honest I didn't expect that the fix will be out so fast! You're great!
Tourist

[ New ]

its working perfectly, and just in time for my channel swim, thank you so much.  I love making videos with Quik its so good.

Thanks all 

Suzanne 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @jackpie and @vitalapex5664 . Great to know that you are now able to use the app again. Enjoy using your GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]
@aenriquez
I'm sorry I have to say it but the problem is back. I made a project with videos and photos. Than I added one single photo from Google Photos and the app crashed. When I try to open project it just kick me back to main menu. Please help!
GoPro

[ New ]

@jackpie, try clearing the the application's cache (not clear data) under settings again, and restart your phone. You may also test creating a new project and see if that helps clear the issue.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Im facing the same issue too lately.
Hope the kind crews from gopro could help us really soon. (^.^)
Such a lovely app indeed till now. *Sob

My device:-
Samsung S8
Android ver: 9 Pie

Tested Quik version but issue persist:-
1) 5.0.6
2) 5.0.7
Sightseer

[ New ]
Woah.. just to update. After downgrading to 5.0.6.. then update to 5.0.7(*latest).. it worked for my Samsung S8!
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @karmzphryford. It is odd how it worked that way but great to know that the app is working correctly now. We will submit a feedback to the team. Best regards!