Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

I can t connect my hero 3 to the GoPro app since the last update. I ve forgotten the password.

When I try to add camera, the app tells me the Bluetooth is off.

I can't remember my password either

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I can t connect my hero 3 to the GoPro app since the last update. I ve forgotten the password.

Hello, @suec37. You can reset the Wi-Fi name and password for your camera through these instructions. Once done, the camera should pair with the app as normal. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: I can t connect my hero 3 to the GoPro app since the last update. I ve forgotten the password.

I too can't get my Hero3 to connect. I've tried reformating the SD card, updating the camera fully as well as just the wifi but it keeps the same name of the previous wifi, of which I don't know the password for, so it won't connect to the app. Not sure what I should try now. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @caryng558

If the Wi-Fi information does not change then this means that the update was not completed.

When saving the UPDATE, make sure to save the update files to the root of the SD card.

Your camera should confirm that the update is completed.

Let us know how it good.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Ah, I see now that I need a card adapter instead of the camera direct to my computer with the Hero3. 

Thanks so much for the quick response. I think I'll be able to get it going now. :-)

Highlighted
GoPro

Great! @caryng558

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, so I followed the directions and used an SD card adapter direct into my computer, reformatted the card and started over with the downloads. Every time I put the battery and SD card back in it won't actually update the camera. I'm not sure what to try next. Any more help would be great. Thanks so much!!!

-Caryn

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @caryng558. If in case the camera won’t initiate the update, it can be because the camera is not recognizing the update on the SD card. We do have some suggestions here that should help get the update working:

•  Try to format the SD card before placing the update files in the root of the card (format on your computer, or DELETE ALL files in the camera's Delete menu); 

• NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card. 

• Be sure to place the individual files on the root level of the SD card, not inside the UPDATE folder. 

Once you have the necessary file(s) placed on the SD card, unplug it from the computer and insert the microSD card into your camera. Once it's plugged in, power on the camera. The update should automatically initiate. 

Let us know how it goes.