Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

I am unable to install the Go Pro app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablet running Android 5.0.2.

[ New ]

Play Store indicates that my device isn't compatible with this version. Can you please advise me a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: I am unable to install the Go Pro app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablet running Android 5.0.2.

[ New ]

Unfortunately this is an Google Play issue and not a GoPro issue.  Basically they keep updating Android and insist that apps have to compatible with the latest android version to get listed on the store.  However to make them compatible with the latest android version, they are usually rendered incompatible with older android versions and as a result, the app will no longer be listed for older android o/s.

So you have three choices.

A:  Update your tablet (blame google)

B:  Upgrade the android version on your tablet (which may not be easy to do or your tablet may not support updated software).

C:  Search for an older version of the GoPro APK that works with your tablet.  (the downside being that older versions of the software which may work, may not have all the support or fuctions of the latest versions of the app).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: I am unable to install the Go Pro app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablet running Android 5.0.2.

[ New ]

Unfortunately this is an Google Play issue and not a GoPro issue.  Basically they keep updating Android and insist that apps have to compatible with the latest android version to get listed on the store.  However to make them compatible with the latest android version, they are usually rendered incompatible with older android versions and as a result, the app will no longer be listed for older android o/s.

So you have three choices.

A:  Update your tablet (blame google)

B:  Upgrade the android version on your tablet (which may not be easy to do or your tablet may not support updated software).

C:  Search for an older version of the GoPro APK that works with your tablet.  (the downside being that older versions of the software which may work, may not have all the support or fuctions of the latest versions of the app).

Good luck!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks heaps.

I will pursue updating android. Hopefully I will have some success.

Cheers.

Ray