Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

I Can get my hero8 to connect to my iPad but it won t connect to my android phone

[ New ]

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I Can get my hero8 to connect to my iPad but it won t connect to my android phone

[ New ]

Hi,

What phone are you using and what Android version? Make also sure that you are running the latest GoPro App version.

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:

- Restart the phone

- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 

- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu

- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:

- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)

- Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache

- Kill the app and relaunch

Lastly the camera:

- Turn wifi off and on

- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:

- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on

- Open app and tap the camera icon

- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app

- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: I Can get my hero8 to connect to my iPad but it won t connect to my android phone

[ New ]

Hi,

What phone are you using and what Android version? Make also sure that you are running the latest GoPro App version.

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:

- Restart the phone

- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 

- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu

- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:

- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)

- Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache

- Kill the app and relaunch

Lastly the camera:

- Turn wifi off and on

- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:

- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on

- Open app and tap the camera icon

- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app

- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Hope this helps