Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Huawei mate 10 pro, low bitrate export

Hi all,

I use the quik app on a Huawei mate 10 pro. In video settings i have enabled the "Save video in 1080p HD / pro quality and 60FPS". The source file is from GoPro Hero 5 black 1080p/90FPS. I edit the video in cinema mode and save the video file. The final video file that saved in quick folder is 1920x1080p but only 6Mbps bitrate. For example a 1:22 min video is ony 70-80MB and the quality is very bad in comparison with the source file. Do you know what is possible wrong?

I use the ver: 5.0.0.3956-25e02c792. I have already unistall and install again the app. Also clear the Quick folder.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro, low bitrate export

@redsand71156 @suboy @benoitb72827

The fix we will be pushing will work for all Huawei devices.

We will be pushing 5.0.1 in beta soon: When a beta is available you can get it easily, go directly on the PlayStore Quik page, scroll down a bit, you should see a button "Join Beta"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @suboy

The format you used may have something to do with the output bitrate. For an Android device, for example, using Cinema with the 1080p option activated will result to an output of 1920 x 1080, 8mbps. Using the Portrait format can bring it up to 15 mbps. For more details on these settings, you can check this article on video quality output for Quik for mobile. 

Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

mariustanya thanx for your reply.

I agree with you for the 1080p @ 8Mbps. But i have also enable the option for "pro quality" and "60FPS". According to the article the final video must be at 22-29Mbps.

go pro.jpg

Also i read at the play store (comments for the Quik) that many users have issues with the app. They can't find the saved videos. I think the issue originates from the ".nomedia" file at the "//dcim/quik/.thumbnails". When i delete this file the folder "Quik"  appeared at phones Gallery app. This issue comes with the latest update on Sep 20.

I think that these are two bugs for the android ver of the app. Could you forward / share these to the programming team ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Great finding, @suboy.  Appreciate the details you provided. I have forwarded these to the team. I will update you once I hear back from them. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi, @suboy

Sorry about the issue you are experiencing.

I just made a test video with GoPro footage (1080p/60-240fps). I chose 1080p / 60fps and Pro quality in the settings of Quik.

The result video I have (to get the video I shared it, opened the Quik link in a web browser, clik on ... and Download the video to my computer) is 1920 x 1080 / 60fps / 872MO / 48 mbps - it's a 2min video. Made on Pixel 1 - Android 9.0 - Quik 5.0 3956

So in my test, it's all good.

Are you getting the video to your computer like I'm doing? Or maybe some other way that could resize your video?

On the other subject of gallery save:

Can you please kill your Photos App and restart it, this will help refreshing the content, then you should see your video appear as usually.

This issue isn't on our end, Google Photos app doesn't refresh correctly so you have to kill the app first to force it.

Let me know if this helps.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hello @haindash

The result of your test means that the issue has to do with the manufacturer of the device. Am I wrong?
Do you have any Huawei device to test it? Pixel is the Google's phone. Has stock Android and the latest updates. My phone has Android 8.

As for the gallery. Google photos is the default app for the pixel. Every other manufacturer have their own gallery app as default. For example on my device I don't have the Google photos app.

Anyway I will try again to stop the app and I ll keep you posted.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @suboy

For the videos not appearing: regardless of the kind of app you have, simply kill it and restart it to force refreshing the content. This should help and you should then see your QuikStories appear. We will be shipping a fix in 5.0.1 for that.

For the quality:

QA tested on a Huawei Mate 9 Pro, CPU is the same only GPU is different. Output file, bitrate was correct.

Then we tested on P20 Pro which has the same GPU as Mate 10 and there we had an issue with the bitrate which was really low. So it seems indeed an issue with some particular device, I'm going to report a bug on this.

Thanks for your help :)

Cheers,

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@haindash

just for the record

Mate 10 Pro

ChipsetHiSilicon Kirin 970
CPUOcta-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPUMali-G72 MP12

P20 Pro

ChipsetHiSilicon Kirin 970
GPUMali-G72 MP12

Mate 9 Pro

ChipsetHiSilicon Kirin 960
GPUMali-G71 MP8

Thank you again.