Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro, low bitrate export

Thanks! Just updated. I will edit my video and I ll keep you posted.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you very much for that update, It's finaly working now with my Huawei P20 Pro :) 👍
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @suboy 

Did you test 5.0.1? Can you tell me if things are ok now quality-wise on you're Mate10 Pro? I know it's fixed on the P20 but I'm not sure about your device.

Let me know please :) Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

hi @haindash

So, I did some test. The final video quality has been improved but it's not as crystal clear and sharp as on my previous device. The final video bitrate is 30 Mb/s. On my previous device (Samsung Galaxy S6) the final video bitrate was 50Mb/s.

Also, I removed and install again the app and I deleted the quick folder on my gallery. Nothing changed and the final video bitrate is the same (30Mb/s).

Highlighted
GoPro

@suboy

Thanks for your answer.

Here some background info on bitrate and Android. 

The encoder performance and quality provided by the Android devices are not good, at all, thus, we need to use a bitrate which is ridiculously high (40-50mbps) in order to try to preserve the original quality of the input files provided by the user.  (We don't have those issues on iOS because the encoders are simply better.)
The bitrate for Android is just a target: It is up to the device implementation to respect it depending on its capabilities and the complexity of the video stream to encode. So on Android, final bitrate can vary depending on the device. So on different devices you will have different bitrate. 
If you're saying that the final video quality has improved with 5.0.1 compared to 5.0 it means that the fix we made helped.
Highlighted
GoPro

@suboy So if you end up with a bitrate of 30mbps on your video it seems rather ok. I would worry if you have something like 6 or so.

Let me know how it goes with your follow videos.