Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro, low bitrate export

Hi there,

Gopro Quik make good and fast video projects that look very good and is very user friendly, but unfortunately it worked well for me in preview mode only.

After you rendered the project, all video transitions look blocky or are showing alot of video degradations or artefacts. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and set all the settings to get the best video quality (30 or 60 fps etc...), but still getting the same issue.

I'm just rendering the final result locally, and not sharing the file on any website where you will still loose some video quality again.

I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro though, and I'm wondering if it could be related or not ?

What should I tried next to get a decent final result ?

P.s. I've just seen this thread few minutes ago, so it seems it could be related to the P20 pro according to what I read.

Benoit
Highlighted
Hiker

hi @benoitb72827

Yes it seems it's compatibylity issue with the chipset. Both Mate 10 Pro and P20 Pro have the same chipset, Kyrin 970.
We are waiting for an update.

Highlighted
GoPro

@suboy@benoitb72827@mariustanya

I've filed a bug repord with this quality issue affecting the P20 & Mate 10 Pro and the team is currently working on it. Hang in there! :)

Cheers,

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know. Thank you, @haindash!

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Hi @haindash

I seem to have the same problem with a "HUAWEI MediaPad M5 4GB (10,8 Zoll): HiSilicon Kirin 960s, Octa-Core; 4 × A73 (2,1 GHz) + 4 × A53 (1,8 GHz)"

After export quality is jumping back from Hero6 to my old Hero3 :) 

I love editing on Quik!

Highlighted
GoPro

@redsand71156 @suboy @benoitb72827

The fix we will be pushing will work for all Huawei devices.

We will be pushing 5.0.1 in beta soon: When a beta is available you can get it easily, go directly on the PlayStore Quik page, scroll down a bit, you should see a button "Join Beta"

Highlighted
Sightseer

Wow, really looking forward to this update. I can finally starting editing all my footage.

What does "soon" mean? Is it a matter of days, weeks or months?

Thank you!

Highlighted
GoPro

@redsand71156@suboy

The 5.0.1 Quik Android is now available.

When a beta is available you can get it easily: go directly on the PlayStore Quik page, scroll down a bit, you should see a button "Join Beta" that way you can access the latest version Quik.

Let me know how it goes :)