Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Huawei P20 pro and Hero 6

I am using latest goPro App from Android Appstore on Stock Android 8.1.0.

the app isn't connectiong to the camera. the Android-OS is not seeing the wifi from camera at 5ghz.

when i set the wifi to 2,4GHz in the camera, the smartphone can connect to it, but the app still does not connect.

there isnt any errormessage. as i can see in some topics here many users a having problems mit huawei P20 Pro Smartphone connecting to gopros. i also updates the camera firmware to recent version. all try without success.

brgds

tom

Tourist

after i reset connections and reinstalled the app it could connect with success

GoPro

Awesome! Great to know that connection is up. Thank you for posting back to confirm resolution, @superstar71058. Have fun using your GoPro!

Tourist

Even guys. I know I am most likely being stupid but I still can't get the GoPro to connect to my p20 pro. I have updated the camera to 2.4ghz I have then re downloaded the app and tried to connect but still nothing. It just isn't finding my GoPro or phone. Help please.. starting to think I wasted my money.
GoPro

Hello @amy10789

Try manually updating your camera. You can find manual update instructions here. Make sure that the camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to the update. Then, reset camera Wi-Fi. 

Once done, before pairing the camera again to the app, delete it from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone, and forget it from the Wi-Fi networsk. 

Proceed with the pairing process. 

Let  us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Marius