Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Huawei P20 pro and Hero 6

Hello @foggypike15341

See if the steps to fix listed below on solving GoPro App connection will help resolve the issue: 

• Delete the Bluetooth ID from your device settings
  • Remove the camera from the menu in the GoPro App 
  • Forget the Wi-Fi on your mobile device 
  • Reset the Wi-Fi on our camera 

For details on how to do this, you can visit the article page

Let us know ho wit goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Ive had connection issues with P20 pro and Hero 6 for the last 24 hours and i eventualy got to the bottom of my issue..at first it would not connect..." change wireless band to 2.4Ghz on Go pro AND turn off Wifi + on your phone settings" ...

Hey Presto it connected !

Went to check the couple of snaps i took and guess what...App says i was not connected and couldn't find Go Pro.   after numerous installs and reinstalls, i followed the 

• Delete the Bluetooth ID from your device settings
  • Remove the camera from the menu in the GoPro App 
  • Forget the Wi-Fi on your mobile device 
  • Reset the Wi-Fi on our camera 

Still no resolve until i realised that the phone was not showing the Go Pro as the wireless SSID conection, but had reverted back to my home default connection, so i droped into wireless settings on the P20 Pro selected the Camera SSID Wireless network and boom everything could be found and downloaded to the phone and quick stories worked fine... I guess moving forwards i'll just have to check my phone is connected to the camera SSID before looking for media on my Go Pro.

Hope this helps...

Tourist

Good Afternoon

i was wondering if someone can help.

i brought a GoPro 6 and i have Huawei P20 pro, like everyone else i am having issues connecting the both to each other.

i have tried:

•Delete the Bluetooth ID from your device settings
•Remove the camera from the menu in the GoPro App
•Forget the Wi-Fi on your mobile device
•Reset the Wi-Fi on our camera

also changing to 2.4ghz as per the other comments, however still not working. i tried to then connect to another Huawei - older version and an Iphone and it worked.

why will the GoPro not connect to Hero 6??

thanks

Amy

GoPro

Hello @amy10789

Appreciate you trying out the recommended steps. Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App (version 4.6.1) on your P20 phone? Also, which Android OS is your phone running on? I tried pairing a HERO6 Black camera with firmware v02.01 to a Huawei P20 phone running on Android version 8.1.0 and it went successfully. I also had the frequency set to 2.4 GHz. 

If you have not done it yet, try a manual update on your camera even if it may already have the latest firmware. This is to ensure that there are no associated errors with the current installation. Also see if there is a need to update the OS of your phone. We would love to hear back from you. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi Marius

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to say everything is updated, rebooted and all on the latest software.

Is the GoPro compatible with my phone?

Thank you in advance
Amy
GoPro

Glad to hear back from you, @amy10789. Yes, your phone is compatible with the GoPro App, and the camera, IN fact, I was able to get the two paired earlier without any issue. This brings us to verify some more information though. As it is, we observed that for some phone model, the regional manufacture location matters. This is not to say that this is the main reason, we're just trying to isolate the issue. Will you be able to provide the exact model number of the Huawei P20 phone that you are using? Thanks!

Tourist

Hi all,

I have exactly the same Problem on my Huawei P20 Pro and Hero 7 Black with Android APP. Are there some known Bugs?

Any Solution right now available?

brgds

Tom

GoPro

Hello @superstar71058

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with pairing your camera and your phone. What exactly is happening? Do you have the latest GoPro app installed on your phone? Which Android OS version is your phone running on? Have you been able to do any troubleshooting step on the camera like a manual update? These information will help us further isolate the source of trouble. Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius