Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Huawei P20 pro and Hero 6

Hi does the P20 Pro have the ability to connect to the Hero 6 Black with the Android app?

GoPro

Re: Huawei P20 pro and Hero 6

Hi @spirycreek10815

The camera should be able to pair with the P20 Pro via the GoPro app. Please ensure that the camera and the app are both up to date.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

No it definetly can't. I cant even see the Go Pro wifi network. I have an iPhone and that connects fine. Also a Samsung A3 connects fine as well. Just my P20 Pro doesn't. When I go to connect it actually says connected on the camera with the hand gesture icon but the circle just spins on my phone. The app can see the name of the go pro but when you click the Gallery Icon (9 white swuares) nothing happens which is the same as the camera live icon. It comes back with an error saying it isnt connected.

GoPro

Hello @spirycreek10815

Thank you for posting back. Are you able to see options for camera models when you open up the GoPro App on your Huawei phone? The issue may have something to do with the specific settings on your phone as the GoPro App works with the other phones. Our Support team will be able to help you sort this out. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

I have the same problem, i called your support and the guy told me that with some p20 pro it works and with the other doesnt. Great support.The same Huawai i gave them my phone to checked it and of course everything is fine they've been checking the phone for 2 days. Yeah it fine with iphone se. So if you plan to buy gopro6 hero and connect it with p20 pro forget it, it doesnt work same as gopro and huawai support.

GoPro

Hi @jetsurfpl

Kindly test if the camera will pair by changing the WiFi band to 2.4ghz. Or if this is already selected, switch it to 5ghz.

Then please proceed with the pairing process again.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

EJ

Sightseer

Thanks a lot mate. 2.4ghz worked. You need to change it on the go pro itself and then try to connect the go pro app on the p20 pro
Sightseer

2.4GHz didn't work out last week either today.