Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: How to use GoPro 8 horizon lock in app?

Of course, I understand for sure!
So after digging on this, we found that it's a camera bug that has been fixed in firmware update 1.7 - don't know yet when this will be out. Will keep you posted.
Hiker

Thanks, yeah the keep us updated when firmware will be for download/update.

Just wondering why on some cams the horizon leveling works with my settings...?

GoPro

@silkem552 

I have no info for the firmware update, it's work in progress.

Workaround I was given - Can you try this:

set the camera to 1080p60 so that the UI for low light is enabled and turn the feature off. Now switch to wherever resolution and frame rate you wish and low light will still be disabled. The bug seems to be the metadata is storing the old state of the UI and the app is looking at the wrong metadata field to see whether low light was active.

Hiker

Not possible to do that. For some reason lowlight is not available at all in 1080 (whether 25p nor 50p). I don't know what to do?

Explorer

Reset your camera to all the defaults. Once done, change nothing before going straight to Auto Low light and turning this feature off (it is on by default). Auto Low light is for people who do not know that you need to use a slower frame rate in low light to get the most light to the camera sensor. You do not need this setting.
GoPro

@silkem552 Did the advice of @danielr15 help?

On my camera when I'm on 1080/25 - low light is N/D however when I'm on 1080/50 I can set it to on or off.

Hiker

Unfortunately this also doesn't work. Whether if I put my cam on 1080/25 or 50p the lowlight thing is always disabled and not possible to enable.

I haven't had yet the time and motivation to do a whole reset because of all my presets, etc... And I am not sure that this helps.

Haidash, when do you think will this bug being solved?

GoPro

@silkem552 I hope you understand that I am trying all I can to help.... the thing is I don't have much cards left. @danielr15 knows that I'm trying my best ;) 

Factory reset could help - I don't know 100% for sure since as long as you don't test it, we can't know if it helps. And yes I understand how annoying this must be for you to redo all of your presets. :(

HERO8 Firmware update - should fix this bug however I am not allowed to communicate on timing about that :( Sorry my hands are tied.