Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: How to use GoPro 8 horizon lock in app?

[ New ]

Sorry, I do not use facebook, but maybe you can ad my infos about the bug from me. Where can I download the beta and can I have installed both versions on my tablet (android)?
Cheers

GoPro

[ New ]
The info to get the beta is in my message above.

I can add you to the beta program once you've filled out the NDA form.
Once it's done, I'm adding your email address to our list of testers and you'll be able top get the beta from this link > https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

You can't install both versions, it will replace the current production version.

We do not support tablets, I mean you can install if on your tablet but we can't guarantee that it will work.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hello,

just wanted to know if Gopro released an update for the android app, that makes the output files after horizon leveling look better (see my last posts here a couple of weeks ago). Mine is still 6.11

Thanks for every feedback

Explorer

[ New ]
The current version is 6.11 (8932)
GoPro

[ New ]
Yes, 6.11 (8932) is the current production version - the beta has been promoted to production now. Next beta up is 6.12.
How is 6.11 working on your end?
Hiker

[ New ]

6.11 works fjne kn my galaxy tab. Only, like I mentioned earlier, the output files after horizon levelling, lack a lot in quality/clearness/sharpness.

Will this be solved in 6.12

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I may have to open another bug on that particular issue but I will need more info, videos etc... can you reach out to me per DM so I can give you my email address and we can exchange on this?
If you do have my email already (you may have gotten beta emails from me - Anais Oulés) please send me the following info so we can investigate:
- Device, OS
- App Version
- Steps
- Screencast
- Original output video
- Original source file

keep me posted!
Merci :)
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Haindash,

I already told you about this problem on page 6 and you answered, that there is already a bug report and it will be fixed. Could you check this?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @silkem552 

I am really sorry but the bug that has been raised and that has been fixed concerned what you first reported which was the problem with horizon leveling and low light. This has been fixed in the firmware update of HERO8 1.6.

The second issue you are mentioning now " after the leveling process is the fact that 1920x1080 / 50p looks way better (a lot less artefacts) than the leveled 2.7k / 50p footage." I've just searched again but I don't think I have anything on this on QA side.

My mistake, I'm sorry. 

That's why here I am going to need more to start investigating. With the following info:

- Description of issues / steps to reproduce
- Device, OS
- App Version
- Steps
- Screencast
- Original output video
- Original source file

I do not mind exchanging with you per email to make it easier. Again sorry about the confusion.