Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

How to use GoPro 8 horizon lock in app?

So on GoPro's website they said that as long as you are filming at 200 frames or less you can use horizon lock ( https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/What-is-Horizon-Leveling/ta-p/398907 ), but I have used two different videos and have followed the steps and the button for Horizon lock is not even there. Has anyone been successful in using it with the GoPro 8 and if so what were your settings?

GoPro

Re: How to use GoPro 8 horizon lock in app?

Hello @shadowfoxe57. Is your video file recorded with 200 frames per second or less. Horizon Leveling only works with these videos. Make sure as well that you have already downloaded or saved your videos to the GoPro App or your phone. 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Correct, I'm at 60 fps, 2k res, and have saved the videos to my phone.

Hiker

Hi, this would be also very interesting for me. Could anybody try this and how much totation is possible with how much crop?

GoPro

Thank you for the details you provided, @shadowfoxe57.We used the same setting that you have and we are able to see the Horizon icon/option in the GoPro App when we tried editing the video. 

Workflow: Pair camera with the GoPro App, download video to app, view video under Media tab, select pencil icon, select Frame icon, and Horizon will be among the options. Have a go at it again and make sure you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your device. 

@silkem552. Please do the same. Let us know how it works out. 

Should you still not see the Horizon option, please provide us the following details: 

• A brief description of the issue and what you have tried, sample clip showing it would be greatly helpful
  • GoPro App version
  • Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.20)
  • Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
  • Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)
  • Resolution settings of videos you have tried out

Thanks!

Hiker

Could you tell me in which settings, stabilisation modes and resolutions it won't work?

Thanks

Tourist

I am having the same problem.
GoPro

@silkem552 @shadowfoxe57 @hid1200 

If you try with the pretty simple 1080/60 fps video you should see when tapping on your video, under the PEN then under FRAME option the Horizon button.