Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

How to upload videos from app to cloud

[ New ]
How do I get the videos saved on my app to upload to the cloud?

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: How to upload videos from app to cloud

[ New ]

You can go to the GoPro.com main page and log in to access your media folder.  You might need to change your phone web browser to Full from the Mobile view, but you should be able to manually select and upload your media.  If you can get your app working on your phone, it generally works very fast and without issues.  Unfortunately, with your media currently held in the app, it's hard to suggest any trouble shooting steps that might cause you to lose your data.  You should contact the GoPro Support Team for additional assistance.  They might have some suggestions that haven't been considered here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
If the media has been saved to the app Recent tab, and you have logged into GoPro Plus, it will do it automatically if your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you go into settings, you can allow it to upload over a data network.
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi Daniel,

I have the settings turned on so it should automatically upload with data. None of my videos have done so, though. I’ve been saving videos to my app for the last three weeks and none of them have transferred over to the cloud. Any tips?

Thanks!
Explorer

[ New ]
I would double check that you are logged into GoPro Plus with the same email that you signed up. Go to the main GoPro web page and login and then select My Media (This is all found under the little silhouette person on the top right). Do this to verify that the media isn't getting uploaded.

If you continue to have issues, first try going to the the app settings through the mobile device app manager and clearing the cache. Technically this should clear the media, but sometimes it jump starts things. After that, if it isn't working then you've got to go back to square one and delete the app, restart the phone and re-install.
Explorer

[ New ]
Also, be sure you are saving to the app, and not to the phone. The media needs to reside in the app for the update to work. Once the media has been uploaded to the cloud, you can save to your phone gallery if you want and delete from the recent tab (it needs to be in the recent tab).
Tourist

[ New ]
The media is definitely saved in the app and not on my phone. The email used to login is also the same. I am not comfortable clearing the cache as there is no place the videos are stored other than the app. I’m not willing to risk losing all my media from the last 3 weeks. Would you recommend deleting the app and reinstalling instead?
Explorer

[ New ]
NO, can you make room on your phone to save the media locally? Deleting the app will essentially do the same thing as clearing the cache.
Tourist

[ New ]
I don’t think so. Is it possible to get the media from my phone back onto the app? Because it wouldn’t solve the issue if I was stuck with all those videos on simply my phone. Not sure why I’m paying for the GoPro Plus if I’m not able to store my media on the cloud...