Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

How to remove highlights within the app?

[ New ]
How can I remove highlights created on a movie clip within the iOS app? There doesn’t seem to be an option?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to remove highlights within the app?

[ New ]

@tightropetom 

Just to be sure - are you in muti-clip editing (editing many videos to make a story) or single-clip editing (just working on a single video) ?
You can add HiLights in single clip editing -> which then you will find back on this video when doing a multi clip editing. However you can't remove them from there (it puts an orange dot in the player), you can only remove them once in multi clip editing.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@tightropetom 

Just to be sure - are you in muti-clip editing (editing many videos to make a story) or single-clip editing (just working on a single video) ?
You can add HiLights in single clip editing -> which then you will find back on this video when doing a multi clip editing. However you can't remove them from there (it puts an orange dot in the player), you can only remove them once in multi clip editing.

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, that makes sense. I was trying to remove them in 'single clip' editing but couldn't see them at all in multi-editing.

I don't actually see the highlights when in multi-edit mode. I end up just selecting 'manual' instead of 'auto' to select the bits of each clip I want to use.

Interestingly auto just seems to randomly cut bits when there's no highlight.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Ok so actually you don't have to put HiLights (HL) on single media, you can directly do it during a multi-clip edit if you want.

Ex:

Media / Tab App

Tap on a video: you'll see the HL icon. Add some HL, they will be put as an orange dot. You can't remove them there

Media / Tab App.

Choose SEVERAL media, tap on multi-clip edit at the bottom (clapper icon). Do choose the video on which you had put the "orange HL".

Preview starts.

In the Timeline, tap on the video, open the edit options, navigate to HL button > You will see here appear the orange HL that you had added previsouly. There you can remove them.

When you add HL to a media, the app will take this moment into account and this moment will be shown in your video.

If you choose the trim option MANUAL > full video will be shown

if you choose the trim option AUTO > the app shows its own smart cuts AND take into account your HiLights. Either it's a mix of auto cuts and HL OR only your HiLights.

But you can't define precisly the duration of the HiLights, it's automatic depending on many parameters. For a precision duration, choose trim MANUAL and cut manually.

Tip: You can pick a longer music track to have more/longer auto cuts

Hope it helps clear things up