Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How to edit out parts of video

New to GoPro.  Have Hero 8, app and Quik.  Need to cut parts of video from within the video not at the ends.  How?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How to edit out parts of video

So I get what you mean you need to do it in two steps as you can't do what you want to do in one step.

Open your video, select the first part you want to keep, trim. The rest will be trimmed, save as new.

Open your video again, select the end you want to keep, trim and save as new.

You'll have two parts / two videos. Currently it's not possible to "trim out"

Best,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @megahill8106. Is it Quik for desktop, or Quik for mobile that you are using?  If you are working on a mobile device and you have the GoPro App installed, select the video that you would like to trim, then open it.

Once done, select the pencil icon, then the Trim icon. Set the start of the portion that you would like to remove by tapping on the scissors icon, drag the bar until the intended last portion of the trimmed video, then tap the scissors icon one final time. Be sure to save your edit. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much for your reply.  I followed your instructions.  I have Quik mobile but I am using GoPro app to edit.  I did as you suggested.  In my app there is a "clip" icon not Trim.  I assume that is what you meant.  I chose the 2 second portion I want to edit out.  Tapped the check mark and all the part I wanted to keep is clipped out while the part I wanted to delete remains.  I end up with a 2 second video.  What am I not doing?  (Same thing happened in the Quik app too).

Thanks again.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @megahill8106. Which version of the GoPro App is installed on your device? Make sure you have the latest version of the app. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah this has me stumped.  I checked and I do have most recent version, 6.5.  ??

Highlighted
GoPro

So I get what you mean you need to do it in two steps as you can't do what you want to do in one step.

Open your video, select the first part you want to keep, trim. The rest will be trimmed, save as new.

Open your video again, select the end you want to keep, trim and save as new.

You'll have two parts / two videos. Currently it's not possible to "trim out"

Best,

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I'm bummed and surprised it can't be trimmed out but thanks for the help.  That makes sense now.  I can stop making myself crazy trying to figure this out.  Thanks again.