Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

How to change camera password

i have forgoten the password of my gopro session and i cant connect it to a new device what can i do?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to change camera password

Hi @breezigirl

If this is the first time you are pairing the camera to the App, please use the password "goprohero" which you can change after having paired your camera. If it is not the first time pairing the camera, we'll need to re-update the name and password of the camera by visiting the GoPro web page in the link below:

HERO3+

1. From the HERO3 update page click "Start Update" to begin.  From the HERO3+ update page click "Update your camera manually" below "Other Ways to Update" to begin.
  2. On the first page, enter your serial number and registration information and then click "Next Step."
  3. On the next page, select 'Wi-Fi Update Only' with the blue check mark and click "Next Step."
  4. On the next page, enter your new camera name and password.
  5. Follow the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the update process. 

After completing the steps to reset the password, please proceed with the steps below to pair your camera to your phone:

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap "HERO3+ / 3 / 2." 
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the Wi-Fi button on the left of the camera as the lens is facing you. 
    • Press the Wi-Fi button again and look at the camera's LCD screen to see the Wi-Fi option. Now press the Shutter button.
    • Press the camera's front Power button to highlight "GoPro App", and then press the Shutter button to select it. You will see a blinking blue light indicating that Wi-Fi is On.
    • Note – if you don’t see “GoPro App” in the camera menu along with “Wi-Fi RC”, you need to update your camera’s software before you can pair to the GoPro App. Update your HERO3 software here: https://gopro.com/update.
  3. Go back to the GoPro App: 
    • On your device, tap "Continue."
    • Go to "Settings" and then "Wi-Fi" to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network. Find the name of your camera listed in your available Wi-Fi networks. If you've never changed the camera name or Wi-Fi password the default password should be "goprohero".
    • Once connected to your camera’s Wi-Fi network, go back to the GoPro App and you should be all set! 
    • You will be prompted to create a new camera name and password and click "Apply Settings."
    • iOS users: Go back to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your new camera name, enter the password, then return to the app. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

hello, follow the instructions to reset the password

to your GoPro’s most important display screen, swipe down and faucet on ‘connect‘.
faucet on ‘Reset Connections‘.
Now, your GoPro will set a brand new password.
make certain your camera is off.
Press the menu button to get entry to the reputation display.
go to ‘Connection Settings’ by means of again and again pressing the menu button.
pass into the ‘Connection Settings‘ via urgent the shutter button.
once more, press the menu button time and again till you spot ‘Reset Connections‘
select ‘Reset Connections‘ with the aid of pressing the shutter button.
go to ‘sure’ by pressing the menu button and pick out it by pressing the shutter button.
A confirmation will seem that the WiFi was reseted efficiently. Use the default.

regards

jayesh

UC Browser SHAREit  MX Player

GoPro

Hello @utzitzer

Try the steps discussed in this article for resetting the Wi-Fi information on your camera. When connecting the camera to your phone through the GoPro App again, you might be required a password, you can use "goprohero". 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Hi there, 

i am am also having this problem with the silver Hero3+.  I don’t think that I have the swipe option on mine... I cannot log into WiFi but can log into my GoPro account. Any suggestions?

GoPro

Hi @breezigirl

If this is the first time you are pairing the camera to the App, please use the password "goprohero" which you can change after having paired your camera. If it is not the first time pairing the camera, we'll need to re-update the name and password of the camera by visiting the GoPro web page in the link below:

HERO3+

1. From the HERO3 update page click "Start Update" to begin.  From the HERO3+ update page click "Update your camera manually" below "Other Ways to Update" to begin.
  2. On the first page, enter your serial number and registration information and then click "Next Step."
  3. On the next page, select 'Wi-Fi Update Only' with the blue check mark and click "Next Step."
  4. On the next page, enter your new camera name and password.
  5. Follow the rest of the on-screen prompts to complete the rest of the update process. 

After completing the steps to reset the password, please proceed with the steps below to pair your camera to your phone:

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap "HERO3+ / 3 / 2." 
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the Wi-Fi button on the left of the camera as the lens is facing you. 
    • Press the Wi-Fi button again and look at the camera's LCD screen to see the Wi-Fi option. Now press the Shutter button.
    • Press the camera's front Power button to highlight "GoPro App", and then press the Shutter button to select it. You will see a blinking blue light indicating that Wi-Fi is On.
    • Note – if you don’t see “GoPro App” in the camera menu along with “Wi-Fi RC”, you need to update your camera’s software before you can pair to the GoPro App. Update your HERO3 software here: https://gopro.com/update.
  3. Go back to the GoPro App: 
    • On your device, tap "Continue."
    • Go to "Settings" and then "Wi-Fi" to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network. Find the name of your camera listed in your available Wi-Fi networks. If you've never changed the camera name or Wi-Fi password the default password should be "goprohero".
    • Once connected to your camera’s Wi-Fi network, go back to the GoPro App and you should be all set! 
    • You will be prompted to create a new camera name and password and click "Apply Settings."
    • iOS users: Go back to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your new camera name, enter the password, then return to the app. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej