Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

How many files do i have

[ New ]
Hello

I have just picked up a gopro hero 9.

I have updated to the latest firmware

I have downloaded the Quik app on my android tablet.

I ran through my initial use of the camera

The first battery I had the setting at 4k 60 fps and when the battery ran out I switched batteries and switched to 1080p 60 fps

When I go into the app and control my gopro I click on the settings icon and check my SD Storage it indicates that I have 8 videos anand 0 pictures

I then go back to the previous page and click VIEW MEDIA it shows me 13 video files

I then click the top left video and it indicates 1 of of 18

Then when I click on one of the files that indicate it is 11:48 long I am just shown a picture and do not have the option to display the movie, there is no play button provided.

Also some of the videos I can click on and I am presented with an information icon so I can obtain details other videos I do not receive and icon to display info,.

Lastly in the settings I have enabled GPS what is that supposed to do as the files I can view information on sites not provide me with any go's related information

Is the app broke or is it my Gopro? Should I return it?
GoPro

Re: How many files do i have

[ New ]

Hi @sweetstoke66132

How was the last update done?

See if re-flashing the software will make a difference.

Follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Regarding the SD card, can you please try accessing the files on a computer using an SD card adapter?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

When I first powered up my GoPro it updated the firmware.

I am not near a computer at the moment but I can check the files when I get there.  Are you staying the app is not working which is why you want me to use a computer?

I followed the link you provided but I am not seeing anything about manually updating anything. What is it supposed to reference?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @sweetstoke66132. The manual update link only works on a computer. Be sure to open the link through a computer browser. The manual update will help clear any possible error with the current installation. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey Folks,

So I have now manually flashed the camera and things are still not making sense.  I did some additional recordings.

This is now what I am seeing.  

Going into SD Capacity it shows 17 Videos on Card

In the APP if I go into View Media it shows 41 files

If i go into the Windows APP and import the files it indicates 41 files.

So it looks like the SD Capacity is still not showing the accurate files.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @sweetstoke66132. The apps may be showing the total number of files considering that some files may be chapters of a long file or video. See if this is the case by referring to GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information.

Tourist

[ New ]

The link you provided does not explain how to tell the difference between a file and a chapter.

Here is what I did.

Day 1 started recording and it stopped when the battery team out.  So I am assuming this is 1 file that is broken into multiple chapters.  I did this three more times.  

So I would have expected the capacity to show 4 files instead of 17

I have started the SD card again after the firmware update so I will check this capacity after each recording to see if it indicates what is going on

GoPro

[ New ]

@sweetstoke66132. This file naming convention will help identity which files belong to the same video. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!