Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How do I export my GoPro videos from my Ipad to my Mac?

Hello, I have recently uploaded all my GoPro videos on my Ipad because I was traveling. Now that I am back home, I'd like to edit all my GoPro videos on my Imac. How do I transfer these videos on my Imac so I can work on them?

Thanks

Cindy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How do I export my GoPro videos from my Ipad to my Mac?

@grayriver3014, when you downloaded the contents from your camera to the app, the files go first to the GoPro app's media folder. You will have to select "Save to Photos" so you can access them through the local Photos folder in your iPad and then transfer them to your computer afterwards. Check out this article for more info.

If you have GoPro Plus subscription and the Mobile Upload is enabled in the app (GoPro App > Settings > GoPro PLUS > Mobile Upload), all photos and videos in the "App" tab will be uploaded automatically when your device is connected to Wi-Fi.

Mobile Upload runs automatically in the background, and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. When you’re in range, the thumbnails on the Recent tab will start displaying icons, showing the status of your upload.  

• CLOCK - Item is queued for upload 

• CLOUD+UP - Item uploading 

• CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed 

• EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading  

Successful uploads will briefly display a checkmark. If an item fails to upload, it will be marked with an error icon, and we’ll try the upload again when your device is in range. 

Upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your computer has a stable Wi-Fi connection.  

Note: To begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a content contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB available storage to start uploading. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grayriver3014

Connect your iPad to your Mac using a cable.

You may have it transferred using iTunes.

You can also try AirDrop.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @aragon1006 

I have done that already and I don't see any GoPro videos. Then when I tried to select them all on the Ipad to 'share', the only options I have is "share to photos". These videos are quite big in size. Hmmmm have you done these yourself? as in export GoPro videos from the Ipad to your Mac?

Thanks,

Cindy

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grayriver3014

What happens if you proceed?

Are the videos also copies to Photos?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Oh I have tried selecting a couple and it did save to photos. I do have at least 200 videos that I uploaded on my Ipad. I was chatting with support and he said that I can export it to Quick by creating a video there. I didn't see them on Quick either at least all the videos I selected to make a Quick story. Now that I have the GoPro Plus, I still don't see any way to export these videos to my Cloud. They are JUST in the GoPro app :( I have the feeling that I just need to go the hard way and make clips out of all these hundreds of videos so that I can make a Quick story out of them :( 

Highlighted
GoPro

@grayriver3014, when you downloaded the contents from your camera to the app, the files go first to the GoPro app's media folder. You will have to select "Save to Photos" so you can access them through the local Photos folder in your iPad and then transfer them to your computer afterwards. Check out this article for more info.

If you have GoPro Plus subscription and the Mobile Upload is enabled in the app (GoPro App > Settings > GoPro PLUS > Mobile Upload), all photos and videos in the "App" tab will be uploaded automatically when your device is connected to Wi-Fi.

Mobile Upload runs automatically in the background, and the process will pause and resume as your connection availability varies, until all files are safely uploaded. When you’re in range, the thumbnails on the Recent tab will start displaying icons, showing the status of your upload.  

• CLOCK - Item is queued for upload 

• CLOUD+UP - Item uploading 

• CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed 

• EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading  

Successful uploads will briefly display a checkmark. If an item fails to upload, it will be marked with an error icon, and we’ll try the upload again when your device is in range. 

Upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your computer has a stable Wi-Fi connection.  

Note: To begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a content contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB available storage to start uploading.