Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

How do I download a live stream video i made from a gopro link. It failed to save on SD card.

[ New ]

I made a GoPro live stream video through FB.  My camera failed to save it to my SD card.  I want to upload the video to my GoPro Plus media, but cannot find a way to download from the gopro link.  Is there a way to save my video to my computer for upload to my media, or to save it directly from an online GoPro link to my media on GoPro Plus?

Thank You,

Tim

GoPro

Re: How do I download a live stream video i made from a gopro link. It failed to save on SD card.

[ New ]

Hello @goneviral

What version is the camera on? What SD card are you using?

If the stream was shared on Facebook, you should be able to download it from the page.

Once downloaded you can then manually upload it to the cloud.

gopro.com/login

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: How do I download a live stream video i made from a gopro link. It failed to save on SD card.

[ New ]
I have Hero8. The video is not on FB, only the gopro.com link. I need to download that video, but no app seems to work. Any solutions by anyone who's dealt with this issue. The reason the video did not save to my Hero is because I walked away with my phone from the camera before app could end session. It is linked to gopro.com but not my media.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @goneviral

Did you select gopro.com on the stream setup?

Streams done via gopro.com will be saved on the Shared Links page.

Can you please try signing in via gopro.com/login.

Click on the Shared Links icon on the left.

See if the file is there.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, the link is there. Is there a way to move video from shared links to MEDIA with all my other videos. Sorry if this sounds pointless. Thank you for your help.
Tp
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I would say:
Can you try to open the link and click on ... to get the download option? Then you can add that media to your Gallery.
Tourist

[ New ]
When I try open link, there is no option to download. That is the problem. If I cannot download, I cannot edit. Thank you for helping search for a solution.
Tim
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Ok, very sorry about that, I didn't know. Indeed I've tested and you can't download the file. I supposed this is expected and not an available feature for now, I will try to understand / know more about this.
Tourist

[ New ]

First : when I set the live option to write to the SD card it doesn't do it.

Second : when I try to download the stream there are no such options....

Third :  the android app doesn't work at all. (quick app on android is not usable at all ...wasted hours on that)

Forth : it takes forever on apple app to connect to the camera and doesn't always work

So is there anything that works actually except pressing the record button and writing to the card ? It seems also that the support doesn't even know the features of the camera . So what is the subscription for, if nothing works ?I mean you guys definitely should stop relying on the name only to sell your products because this name can fade out very fast if what you offer doesn't work. And asking for a subscription for half working features is just not acceptable. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that.

Point 1 is concerning, I have just tested and the live streaming was actually saved correctly to my SD card. However I'm on HERO9.
Maybe it would be good to do a little factory reset of your camera as this usually help solves lots of problems.
Point 2. Yes it's not a feature for now.
Point 3. There are connectivity issues depending on the device you are using it's true. On my Note10 and on my iPhone 12 mini, I don't have any issues, but I know users do.
Point 4. One thing you can do when you have issues with connectivity is to turn everything off, reboot phone and do a battery pull on the camera.
Maybe that can help.

There are things that don't work, yes, we are trying to help and to make them better.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for looking into this and for your quick response! I hope that things will improve !

On android I tried everything icluding restart and I spent hours on this. It is also on note10.  It works for a moment and than stops. 

Would be great if you can give us option to download the streams at some point!

Thanks again !

GoPro

[ New ]
@tmarinov
Sorry about that, Live Streaming is indeed something that isn't always working perfectly and we're hearing user feedback on this so we do want to make improvements.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I was unaware that we would not be able to download our livestreamed videos to our computer? I have been livestreaming my childrens baseball games and now i need to download from the cloud so I can save them. If something happens to the gopro cloud site, I will end up losing all of those memories. Is this a feature gopro is working on? I really need to be able to download those to my computer.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

You can use the program call OBS to capture the running video from the window of the browser. It's free. I advice you to first check some tutorials in youtube to learn how to capture the video from a "Window Capture", but in my opinion this program is awesome. I used a lot.

Regards.