Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Anonymous

purchase my gopro hero4 silver from someone when I try to pair it with app it ask for password?

[ New ]

It is asking for a reelchick password and I am not sure what that is then it says something about may be the default camera password.  How do I find out what that is?

GoPro

Re: purchase my gopro hero4 silver from someone when I try to pair it with app it ask for password?

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous,

There isn't a way to look up the password for the camera, but you can reset it. To do that, please do the following:

HERO4 Silver & Black

1. With the camera ON, press and hold both the Settings button (on the side) for 2 seconds until the Wi-Fi Mode options appear.  
  2. While still holding the side button, press and release the Power/Mode button (front).
  3. Select Reset in the 'Reset Wi-Fi Settings' option.

--OR--

1. Turn the camera ON.
  2. Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Set Up” appears on the screen.
  3. Select the red shutter button on top of the camera.
  4. Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Reset Cam” is highlighted.
  5. Press the mode button to select “Reset Wi-Fi”
  6. Press the shutter button to select
  7. Press the mode button to select “Reset”
  8. Press the shutter button

I hope this helps!

Blake

Anonymous

how do I reset my gopro's bluetooth password?

[ New ]

how do I reset my gopro's bluetooth password? I got a new phone and don't remember the password I usedI'm just trying to setup my phone to my Hero 3's bluetooth and it's prompting me for a password.

Anonymous

Re: how do I reset my gopro's bluetooth password?

[ New ]

Hello,

You can reset the password by going through the standard update procedures here: 

http://gopro.com/update/hero3 and choosing to Update WiFi only then insert your username and password that you would like to set for the WiFi and follow the following steps. 

-Sam

Anonymous

Re: GoPro App password?

[ New ]

So I never set up a password. It wont let me use "goprohero" So I go to change password and the directions tell me I have to have a SD reader or adapter. Are you kidding me? I have to go out and buy one of these before I can change my password??

GoPro

Re: GoPro App password?

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous,

Really sorry for any disappointment! An adapter should have come with your micro SD card when it was purchased. If not you will unfortunately have to go out and pick one up at an electronic store.

There are normally around 5 bucks, and the transfer speed when using the adapter is faster than the transfer speed if you were using a USB cable and the camera, so it will be beneficial to get one regardless.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Blake

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: How do I change or reset my wifi password?

[ New ]

Here's a video showing how to RESET the Wi-Fi Name & Password in the GoPro HERO4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsN2zJ4pwA

Here's how-to RESET the Wi-Fi name and Password in the GoPro HERO4 camera.You might want to change your name and password to something different to help diff...
Anonymous

Re: How do I change or reset my wifi password?

[ New ]

This is what I do to reset it. 

1. Turn the camera ON.
  2. Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Set Up” appears on the screen.
  3. Select the red shutter button on top of the camera.
  4. Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Reset Cam” is highlighted.
  5. Press the mode button to select “Reset Wi-Fi”
  6. Press the shutter button to select
  7. Press the mode button to select “Reset”
  8. Press the shutter button

@loyanee5118 wrote:

I did my wifi passeword since really long time and I can't remember it! How can I change it?