Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

How do I change or reset my wifi password?

[ Edited ]

I did my wifi passeword since really long time and I can't remember it! How can I change it?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Wifi password

Hey @Anonymous,

If you can't come up with the right password, you'll need to reset it. In order to do it, please enter the article below and check your camera's model:

Reset Camera's Wi-Fi Name & Password

This should help. 

Regards,

FAAM239

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App password?

[ Edited ]

I'll be more than happy to help! All of our cameras do come with a password associated with the Wi-Fi signal they emit. If you are unsure what it is you can try the default password, which is "goprohero".

If that doesn't work, we will need to reset the Wi-Fi credentials to a name and password you know. This process is different for each of our cameras, and in order to see the different ways to reset the Wi-Fi of the camera, please click HERE.

Once you have updated the Wi-Fi you should see the new network name in your wireless settings, in which case the new password you just created as well should do the trick!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: purchase my gopro hero4 silver from someone when I try to pair it with app it ask for password?

Hey @Anonymous,

There isn't a way to look up the password for the camera, but you can reset it. To do that, please do the following:

HERO4 Silver & Black

1. With the camera ON, press and hold both the Settings button (on the side) for 2 seconds until the Wi-Fi Mode options appear.  
  2. While still holding the side button, press and release the Power/Mode button (front).
  3. Select Reset in the 'Reset Wi-Fi Settings' option.

--OR--

1. Turn the camera ON.
  2. Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Set Up” appears on the screen.
  3. Select the red shutter button on top of the camera.
  4. Press the mode button repeatedly on front of the camera until “Reset Cam” is highlighted.
  5. Press the mode button to select “Reset Wi-Fi”
  6. Press the shutter button to select
  7. Press the mode button to select “Reset”
  8. Press the shutter button

I hope this helps!

Blake

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: How do I change or reset my wifi password?

Here's a video showing how to RESET the Wi-Fi Name & Password in the GoPro HERO4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsN2zJ4pwA

Here's how-to RESET the Wi-Fi name and Password in the GoPro HERO4 camera.You might want to change your name and password to something different to help diff...

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

GoPro App password?

Help please!! I am trying to connect my camera to the GoPro App on my iPhone 4S and it keeps telling me to connect in the wireless settings, but once I go there it tells me to enter a password. I never made a password!! I tried using the serial number thinking that might work and also my Apple ID thinking maybe it was connected with the phone somehow. Nothing has worked so far. Is there some sort of password I am supposed to know???

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App password?

[ Edited ]

I'll be more than happy to help! All of our cameras do come with a password associated with the Wi-Fi signal they emit. If you are unsure what it is you can try the default password, which is "goprohero".

If that doesn't work, we will need to reset the Wi-Fi credentials to a name and password you know. This process is different for each of our cameras, and in order to see the different ways to reset the Wi-Fi of the camera, please click HERE.

Once you have updated the Wi-Fi you should see the new network name in your wireless settings, in which case the new password you just created as well should do the trick!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Why won't app accept my password?

[ Edited ]

I am having trouble connecting my camera (3 + black) to the app via wireless.  it constantly does not accept the password.  Any assistnace would be greatly appreciated. Ashley

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: app won't accept password

Hey @Anonymous

have you tried forgetting the network altogether on the phone networks, and resetting the camera wifi password? If the first doesn't work I would definitely suggest the second as that HAS to work. If you set a new password altogether it will have to work really, unless there's something wrong with your phone.

I had to do this before for a friend and worked, go to: http://gopro.com/support/product-update/register-camera, then on the next page after you choose the type of update you want to do, you'll have an option to set your network name and password for the camera wifi.

Hope it helps :D

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Wifi password

Hey @Anonymous,

If you can't come up with the right password, you'll need to reset it. In order to do it, please enter the article below and check your camera's model:

Reset Camera's Wi-Fi Name & Password

This should help. 

Regards,

FAAM239

Highlighted
Anonymous

how do i reset my wifi password?

Hello 

I have a Hero 3 , when I have to connect my GoPro with the app , need the password, I stupidly did not  write it down . So I have forgotten it . I was wondering if there was a way to change the password . 

Thank you 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how do i reset my wifi password?

Hey @Anonymous,

Take a look at either of the posts with the green solution check mark next to it. Both of these will have the answer to your question.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Blake