Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How can I test the Android app with 360 sample footage?

[ Edited ]

I am very keen on buying the GoPro Max, however I am not sure if the GoPro App on Android will work on my phone, judging by the numerous issues I am reading about. Therefore before buying the Max I want to test the GoPro app (latest version of course) on my Samsung Galaxy A30 phone. How can I do this? I already have the GoPro app installed on my Android phone (android 9), but I have no 360 footage to play with. Specifically I want to be able to reframe the foootage.

Questions:

1. where can I download (for free) *raw sample 360 footage* i.e. exactly as it would come out of the Max. If possible I have short and long footage (the latter to stress test my phone) 

2. what set of files should I have at a minimum (which file extensions? .360 and ..... ?)

3. once I have the files, in which folder on the android phone should I place them so that the app can see the files? Is it the DCIM folder, or other specific GoPro folder on android?

4. if #3 is not possible, how can I import a file into the app (without having a camera yet?)

Many thanks! Of course if anyone has conducted a similar test and written about it on the forum or elsewhere pls let me know too

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How can I test the Android app with 360 sample footage?

Hello @m-project04. The 360 video from a MAX is in the .360 format.  Sorry, we are unable to send out 360 media/files. You may check the requirements for 360 Support in the GoPro App to see if your device meets them.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How can I test the Android app with 360 sample footage?

Hello @m-project04. The 360 video from a MAX is in the .360 format.  Sorry, we are unable to send out 360 media/files. You may check the requirements for 360 Support in the GoPro App to see if your device meets them.