Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

How can I offload my videos, intact, from GoPro App?

Hello -

I was running out of memory on my Hero7 card, so I wirelessly uploaded several videos to my iPhone X.  I then formatted the SD card and continued shooting.  Later, I wanted to get these videos from my iPhone and into my usual processing workflow.  I thought I could get them from the iPhone somehow, but now I am finding this to be difficult/impossible without some sacrifice.  I even signed up for Plus to see if I could get these to sync to the cloud and then download them on my computer.  Nope, it seems that only the camera can upload directly to the cloud, not the iPhone.  If I'm mistaken, please let me know.

I can save the videos to my Camera Roll but I lose all hilight markers.  And, I'm not sure if I lose other things or if the format is different or of lower quality.  I've looked with the iOS Files app and don't see anything that looks the size and name of my videos in the myriad of GoPro folders that are accessible.

Anyone know of any other way to get these videos off the iPhone, intact?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How can I offload my videos, intact, from GoPro App?

Ok I thought you said they were locally on your iPhone.

- So you can select them in GoPro App and choose Save to Phone to have them on your device/phone. From there you could air drop them to your computer for example. The way it works is that you download your media from the GoPro to GoPro App then from GoPro App to the phone, so two steps.
- Also when the videos are in GoPro App, if you have GoPro Plus then they will be uploaded automatically to your GoPro Plus account - check the settings of GoPro Plus - from there you can download them onto your computer as well. You can download files from GoPro Plus to your computer in their original quality.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Auto-Uploading-Your-Footage-to-the-Cloud-With-GoPro-Plus

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@thesamurai1 
I'm going to try to help the best I can, here my ideas:

So if you want to do a multi-clip edit with this footage now on your iPhone you can: on the Feed page in GoPro App (second icon after the camera one) tap on the blue clapper icon bottom right corner to start a Multi Clip Edit > from this point you can actually select footage from the App / Phone / Cloud.

Also if those videos are on your iPhone you can airdrop them to your computer and you can upload them to GoPro Plus from your computer. See here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus 

Let me know if those suggestions helped a bit.

Highlighted
Hiker

Unfortunately, those suggestions are not what I’m looking for.

The videos are in the GoPro app already and that is the ONLY place they are located.

I want them OUT of the app, free to use in other tools, but without loss of fidelity or hilites etc. I want them just as they were on the SD card...in various files that I can manipulate myself.
Highlighted
GoPro

Ok I thought you said they were locally on your iPhone.

- So you can select them in GoPro App and choose Save to Phone to have them on your device/phone. From there you could air drop them to your computer for example. The way it works is that you download your media from the GoPro to GoPro App then from GoPro App to the phone, so two steps.
- Also when the videos are in GoPro App, if you have GoPro Plus then they will be uploaded automatically to your GoPro Plus account - check the settings of GoPro Plus - from there you can download them onto your computer as well. You can download files from GoPro Plus to your computer in their original quality.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Auto-Uploading-Your-Footage-to-the-Cloud-With-GoPro-Plus