Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Highlights not syncing

I have added highlights to videos that are in the cloud and when viewing the videos via the apple application I can see the highlights, however when I download them to my phone, the highlights are gone. If I go to the app tab and filter to highlighted content, there is nothing there.

I highlights from my PC and they have clearly synced up to the cloud, but I can’t use them anywhere else.

Obviously the highlighting process is up there with the most time consuming processes, so not being able to use them across devices is really hard.

Why aren’t they syncing? Is there something I can do to force a sync?

Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Highlights not syncing

Hello @dom-the-bomb. The HiLights from your Plus cloud media should be synced. Which device are you using and which OS is it running on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? We just tested and we are able to see the Hilights in the GoPro App. These HiLights can only be utilized through the apps, and for editing in the GoPro App or Quik for desktop. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I can see the HiLights that I have made on my PC via my phone but it is when I try to use them on the phone rather than the cloud that they are not present. Hopefully the attached screenshots will make it a bit clearer.

I HiLight on my PC and it sync'd up to the cloud

I use my iPhone to download the video with the HiLight via the GoPro app from the cloud,

On the "App" tab in the iPhone, the HiLights are now missing

To use the video in Quik I need to save it to my phone's library - I can't seem to see it in Quik without having save it to my phone's library.

When it appears in Quik it has no HiLights either.

Basically what I want is for my HiLights to be available in Quik because I find the iOS app very very good at taking a load of content and putting it together really easily, but I can't HiLight everything on my phone because it takes too long. The PC is perfect for HiLighting and editing, the phone is best for creating via Quik.

Thanks!

All my apps are on the latest versions, on the iPhone and on the PC. 

AppScreenshots.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have similar problem.

Highlites made on gopro app and quick on iPhone are not synced to cloud.

Highlites where made AFTER videos where uploaded to cloud. 

Should I delete videos from cloud and upload them againg with highlites? 

I have latest varsion of the apps.

Highlighted
GoPro

@mwilkows @dom-the-bomb 

So there are several aspects here.

First off: 

For the stand-alone video editing app Quik App (Android/iOS) I have no info concerning updates - and it hasn't been updated in a while.

We've introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.

See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.

I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality.

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level. 

Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :)

- When your video is added to GoPro App it gets uploaded to GoPro Plus automatically. Currently if you make changes to it, like color correction and adding HiLights, those changes will not be uploaded again. > this is an improvement for later

- Another thing, when adding HiLights to a video on the GoPro Plus web page, you will see the HiLights icon on the Media / Cloud page in the app BUT when downloading this media, HiLights are not kept > it's a bug I've reported. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Also currently you cannot force upload of one file, meaning if you delete a file on the Cloud it will not get reuploaded.
You can trim it with 1 second less, it’ll create a new file, with HiLlights, and it will get re-uploaded